for those of you who didnt know!!!

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
although i may be the last person on the planet who wasnt aware of it, but i still feel there may be others who have not heard the news. Fram oil filters! for those of you who didnt know are hardly worth the cardboard box they come packaged in. it was recently brought to my attention at my local auto parts store the truth of the matter. and if any of you who do not know about this have your doubts of what im saying spend $10 and cut open one and a Wix filter and note the difference of the construction. it will blow your mind. frams internal filter consists of a filter cartridge sealed on the ends with cardboard. where as a Wix is actually made with metal cased ends. and i was even more surprised once i changed up to a wix filter how quickly my newly changed oil came clean again. :eek: i find this upauling how a company of that size can get away with such a widely known fact .however although this may not be news to some, i hope it is to others. and head my warning :beer:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I will stop wasting money on them and use something else. Thanks for the heads up

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let me guess, canadian tire gets theirs made by frame? whart are the good kids to use then. pensoil? k&n is so expensive but they must be good then?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WE USE NOTHING BUT NAPA FILTERS HERE AT OUR SHOP........ NAPA FILTERS ARE MADE FOR NAPA BY WIX...........

WE USED FRAM FILTERS YEARS AGO, UNTIL THEY STARTED TO BUILD THEIR FILTERS LIKE THAT........ I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY HAVE BEEN MADE RECENTLY, BUT A WHILE AGO THEY WERE JUNK.

JUST SAYIN':d

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a case of Baldwin filters from Acklands, are they any good?

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes the k&n filters are rated top in the listing, but they are also in the same catagory as wix and napa & napa gold filters(made by wix) the k&n has the best flow b4 bypass and good filtration quality. if your in a bind and cant get from the auto parts store, wix also makes filters for ford, and even an AC delco would be much better than a fram oil can. :d

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched to WIX from Fram last year for this same reason.

I used to buy FRAM as they were such a well know name and thought their filters were quality. Goes to show marketing can take a company a long was....I hate marketers!

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use baldwin or NAPA, genuine CAT in my Kenworth.

Z71

Reaction score
Website
www.synthetic-oil.com
WE USE NOTHING BUT NAPA FILTERS HERE AT OUR SHOP........ NAPA FILTERS ARE MADE FOR NAPA BY WIX...........

WE USED FRAM FILTERS YEARS AGO, UNTIL THEY STARTED TO BUILD THEIR FILTERS LIKE THAT........ I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY HAVE BEEN MADE RECENTLY, BUT A WHILE AGO THEY WERE JUNK.

JUST SAYIN':d

The NAPA Gold is a Wix filter, both are the same.

The NAPA Silver is made by Wix but not the same as the Gold or the Wix. Its made to be a value leader. Slightly lower quality materials such a neopreme drain back valve and lighter steel.

Wix also manf. some of the AMSOIL EaO oil filters and EaA air filters to AMSOIL spec's using Donaldson nano-fiber synthetic media.

I sell Wix and AMSOIL Filters in my shop.

fyi - I was just cross referencing some filters for some Polaris owners. There are 3 filters that cover a major portion of the line. Wix has 3 filters to cross but Fram shows only one filter replacing all 3 Polaris filters.

Top Bottom