flopping my pro over on hard pavement

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got around to pressure washing my sled today, I pulled it out onto the driveway and once I was done the plastics, and engine bay I decided to flop it over to get at the skid better. Well I found it considerably easier for me to get the sled onto its balance point on the left (clutch side) than on the throttle side. The oil tank is full and it is still full of fuel, I am wondering if maybe i need to stiffen up the throttle side front shock a bit?

Rulonjj

Reaction score
The engine is shifted to the left to make room for the secondary clutch. I'm not sure if you can make up for the difference with the shocks or not. I've never tried it on my pro. But I would think to offset it with the shock you'd have to stiffen up the clutch side ?

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the throttle side shock being stiffer would make sense b/c then it woudn't absorb so much of my energy when im trying to get it on the throttle side ski

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was the motor running? The reason I ask is the gyro effect of the clutch does make a difference. The weight of the clutch is also is to blame.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you left handed? :rolleyes:

On a hard surface without moving you really aren't achieving a lot by comparing one side to the other. When you are riding you are initiating the sled onto its side with throttle/momentum. You can play with the shocks to get a similar "feel" between left and right movements but I wouldn't go too deep into it.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol no right handed.
Makes sense I just thought if I could toss her over on pavement I should have no problem in snow.
That and I was trying to get it to sit on its balance point

UltraLiteTriple

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did we figure anything else, i found the same thing, i always just thought it was my ''weaker'' side for sidehilling untill i was goofing around on flat ground.

Top Bottom