Floor cracked again

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought a brand new Jayco last spring and our floor cracked too this winter , in many places....Our trailer guy told us it was due to faulty installation, stating the dealers in the states don't consider the low temperatures up here and short cut and do not glue the entire floor down , then it cracks .....!! maybe that's correct , maybe not ...we'll see next winter now that they say they have fixed it properly!~!

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought a brand new Jayco last spring and our floor cracked too this winter , in many places....Our trailer guy told us it was due to faulty installation, stating the dealers in the states don't consider the low temperatures up here and short cut and do not glue the entire floor down , then it cracks .....!! maybe that's correct , maybe not ...we'll see next winter now that they say they have fexed it properly!~!

Your dealer is correct.... As long as your replacement floor is completly glued down it won`t crack again.... The only problem is the RV flooring is cheap and thin and will wear quickly.

FlyGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Me and Wifey have a 2009 Supersport Travel Trailer that had the vinyl floor and crack over the winter this year. Instead of waiting till the end of the year to get a warranty replacement with the same crap I ended up doing a ton of research on laminate versus resilient vinyl tile. I ended up going with the resilient vinyl tile (purchased at Home Depot in Edmonton) and we are super happy with the results. We got a buddy who is a Home Builder to install it in our trailer and we are stoked with the results. I was leaning towards laminate at first but the drawbacks on that was that laminate is not waterproof and is thicker when installed versus the vinyl tile. We have two small toddlers and were concerned about water spills and other ways that dirt and mud and water get in the trailer and during bath times. the resilient vinyl tile is the Allure product. My Contractor buddy said the install was very easy and it works great as it is thick enough to provide good durability and not affect our slide-out when opening or closing.

We went camping to Kananaskis 2 weekends ago and the flooring looks great and was easy to clean etc. We'll see how it holds up over the winter and I will report back. Apparently the vinyl tile has better expansion and contraction capabilities than laminate as well.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Me and Wifey have a 2009 Supersport Travel Trailer that had the vinyl floor and crack over the winter this year. Instead of waiting till the end of the year to get a warranty replacement with the same crap I ended up doing a ton of research on laminate versus resilient vinyl tile. I ended up going with the resilient vinyl tile (purchased at Home Depot in Edmonton) and we are super happy with the results. We got a buddy who is a Home Builder to install it in our trailer and we are stoked with the results. I was leaning towards laminate at first but the drawbacks on that was that laminate is not waterproof and is thicker when installed versus the vinyl tile. We have two small toddlers and were concerned about water spills and other ways that dirt and mud and water get in the trailer and during bath times. the resilient vinyl tile is the Allure product. My Contractor buddy said the install was very easy and it works great as it is thick enough to provide good durability and not affect our slide-out when opening or closing.

We went camping to Kananaskis 2 weekends ago and the flooring looks great and was easy to clean etc. We'll see how it holds up over the winter and I will report back. Apparently the vinyl tile has better expansion and contraction capabilities than laminate as well.
Basicly what I posted earlier... It`s a great product and have recommended to a few friends who have all been happy with the end result.

SNAFU

Reaction score
We have a 2004 Jayco. Overall quality is mediocre, but it was in our price range at the time. Last winter the lino cracked. The dealer said it was not uncommon, but of course because ofthe age, there was no warranty. I took eveything out of the trailer, except the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, and installed laminate. It looks great.

The lino was very thin and was brittle when I removed it. I didn't remove the lino in the cabinets. Any oif the pieces I have removed were not glued down.

I think I would consider a Canadian made RV like Travelaire next time.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my Jayco trailer back from All Star RV and the folks there did a great job replacing my cracked floor. Hopefully it stands the test of time. :):)

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my hornet hideout & replaced with laminate . No problems & looks way better . Now have to get all of the hail damage fixed that happened at gull lake on aug 11 . Should have been quadding !!!!!:):realmad:

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My uncles had both of their floors crack, we also replaced with laminate. Its gotta be at least 5 years and they r still in great shape.

Top Bottom