Floor cracked again

Bryan

Reaction score
I went and check on my trailer this weekend. Found that the floor cracked again with the crazy weather this winter. Last year it cracked, but I was able to repair it myself with a little effort and some glue. Not this time, I am going to have to pull it all out, and repace it.
That sucks :mad:

Anyone else check on their units yet this year?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Gonna go check mine as soon as it quits snowing...need a couple weeks warm weather b4 I can get it out of back yard:eek:

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trick is to leave a window or two open. I know this sounds crazy. With the unit closed up tight the temp will actually drop lower inside, which causes the flooring to crack. My old man has been in the manufactured housing business for many years and has never had any flooring problems. Good luck , hope this helps.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The trick is to leave a window or two open. I know this sounds crazy. With the unit closed up tight the temp will actually drop lower inside, which causes the flooring to crack. My old man has been in the manufactured housing business for many years and has never had any flooring problems. Good luck , hope this helps.

did not know that , thanks

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I went and check on my trailer this weekend. Found that the floor cracked again with the crazy weather this winter. Last year it cracked, but I was able to repair it myself with a little effort and some glue. Not this time, I am going to have to pull it all out, and repace it.
That sucks :mad:

Anyone else check on their units yet this year?

What kind of trailer is it? Mine hasn't had a problem,,knock on wood

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went and took a look at mine inside was good but the front cap on it was cracked in 3 places,its a fleetwood prowler, they covered it this time but not anymore,its about $1500 to replace so not sure what im gonna do after this year.now of coarse fleetwood has gone bankrupt

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
My lino in the trailer split the first year.... It was replaced under warranty. The manufacturer said lots of the trailer and m/h lino wasn't installed properly(not stretched properly) and it would split when it got really cold..... These were usually the more southern american made trailers, and they felt they didn't need as much adhesives, but when brought up to canada they have had problems. The manufacturer also recomended using some kind of a desicant(moisture absorber) in trailers over the winter. Some people will leave a bowl of kitty litter out, and change it twice through the winter.......i myself use the desicant, and change it out 2 or 3 times through the winter........... Just my 2 cents on this thread.......

tfitz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 24' Terry Quantum and the first year I had it the lino cracked and Western RV covered it under warrinty, saying that lots have done it due to poor installation, then the seconed year I had the Trailer it cracked again, not thinking it would be a big deal (Seeing as I bought 7 year warrinty and had the origanal replaced the year before) I took it back to Western RV and they told me they would not cover it because it was not Factory flooring, Argued lots with no results so I took it to a different dealer and go it done again, Next year surprise surprise it was cracked, so I said screw it and installed Laminate flooring myself, and this is the seconed year with no problems and only cost me $250.00 And looks great

good luck with your trailer

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he main reason RV'S are having the lino crack is 70 % quality, 30 % installation. Most manufacturers use low quality lino and cracks easily. When dealers are replacing lino under warranty, the manufacurer is sending them the same crappy lino but this time it is usually getting glued down instead of floated. When storing it for the winter, be sure to put down the stab jacks which will help prevent twisting which contributed to the cracking. If it was mine, I would suck it up and do the floor myself, properly with higher grade flooring and lots of glue :twocents:

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i checked mine on saturday and it is fine..it did crack last year and the folks at trailblazer rv replaced it..they did an awsome job...as i put the slide out ..out i was holding my breath the whole way..cant wait to go camping now!!:beer::beer:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he main reason RV'S are having the lino crack is 70 % quality, 30 % installation. Most manufacturers use low quality lino and cracks easily. When dealers are replacing lino under warranty, the manufacurer is sending them the same crappy lino but this time it is usually getting glued down instead of floated. When storing it for the winter, be sure to put down the stab jacks which will help prevent twisting which contributed to the cracking. If it was mine, I would suck it up and do the floor myself, properly with higher grade flooring and lots of glue :twocents:

From the expert himself!

When we were shopping last year that is exactly what each dealer said. My dad has also done a lot of research as he had to replace his last year. Thin lino and no glue at critical points like air vents and corners makes for bad cracking.

Rhinorider

Reaction score
I opened the door of my trailer a week before May long last year and it was cracked from one end to the other. Lifestyles flooring took care of it for me in two day's!! Moved out everything(all our camping junk) put in a high quality lino that not only looks great it will probably last for years. They took everything out and put the lino under the bench seating the bed frame and couches. Wife thought it looked like a new trailer inside the colors suited more to the decor. No problems this year they have just done a great job. Bob was the man to talk to cost around a $1000 bucks and the dealer gave me $700 for warranty in a cheque. Good Luck guy's!! :beer::beer:

Bryan

Reaction score
I have a 24' Terry Quantum and the first year I had it the lino cracked and Western RV covered it under warrinty, saying that lots have done it due to poor installation, then the seconed year I had the Trailer it cracked again, not thinking it would be a big deal (Seeing as I bought 7 year warrinty and had the origanal replaced the year before) I took it back to Western RV and they told me they would not cover it because it was not Factory flooring, Argued lots with no results so I took it to a different dealer and go it done again, Next year surprise surprise it was cracked, so I said screw it and installed Laminate flooring myself, and this is the seconed year with no problems and only cost me $250.00 And looks great

good luck with your trailer

Laminate ?? thats a good thought

badsled

Reaction score
Mine split the first year, (last spring)all the cracks originated at the heat registers and went completely from front to back, 25' +. The trailer was bought in Ohio and we brought it back ourselves. We recieved warranty for the replacement cost of original quality, (junk) we upgraded to top of the line lino and paid the extra. Installer said it cracked due to being only attached around perimeter thus allowing it to shrink to much due to the extended cold snap last year. This year it still looks perfect.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAG:tazz::tazz:, Pulled my trailer home tuesday night looked in it and all looked well, i thought. Went in on wednesday and had a good look, the lino had cracked in the bathroom just behind the door. Phoned my dealer All Star Rv and was told you are about #100 on the list and see you in the fall, so much for quick customer service and a quality product. Has anyone used laminate/hardwood in replacing lino and what did you use for baseboard to lock in the edges.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
AAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAAG:tazz::tazz:, Pulled my trailer home tuesday night looked in it and all looked well, i thought. Went in on wednesday and had a good look, the lino had cracked in the bathroom just behind the door. Phoned my dealer All Star Rv and was told you are about #100 on the list and see you in the fall, so much for quick customer service and a quality product. Has anyone used laminate/hardwood in replacing lino and what did you use for baseboard to lock in the edges.

Instead of laminate in your RV check out a product from (hate to say this) "Home Depot" called allure vinyl. It looks like laminate but has the ease of vinyl to work with. Our 32' Sandpiper cracked the first year and rather than get the same cheap crap put in from the dealer again we desided to do it ourselves. We have about $200.00 worth of Allure and about six hours of my time to put it in. Looks like a million bucks and will last forever. It glues to its self by glued over lapping edges. It is a full floating floor so will flex with your camper and never crack in the winter.

Top Bottom