Float2 or Evol on STD RMK?

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
I snowchecked a 2014 Std 800 RMK. Im looking for opinions on front shocks. I can get a good deal on some Float2s right now, but I dont wanna buy the Float2s if im gonna regret not going with either Evol X or Evol Rs. What are the differences between the Float2, Evol R, and the Evol X? Are the Evols worth the extra cash?

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go on their site it shows the difference. Basically you gain more adjustability with the evols. And are able to adjust on the fly with out the pump.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've rode the Float and Float2's in the previous years on my dragon and pro. Switched to evol r's 2 season's ago and really like them, as you can adjust the rebound on the fly and the evol has extra bottoming resistance. Personally the evol x's aren't worth the extra cash, but you can adjust the compression as well as the rebound with them. The stock shocks on the pro's are still fairly decent as well just need to crank the springs tight.

Last edited:

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the Evol X's on my sled and I have never adjusted them on the fly. I have run the Float 2's as well. I think all a person needs is the float 2 but if you can get a deal on the R's they are nice. You have to ask yourself if they are worth the extra money. I would buy the R's if money isn't that big of a issue but you would be more then happy with the Float 2's.

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
Well I guess ill have to decide if I want a decent shock for a good price, or a great shock with better adjustability at a very expensive price. I've got a couple weeks to decide if I want these float 2s so ill see what happens. Right now im still very undecided

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something to think of, Buy the Float 2's and if you are not happy you can always upgrade them to the Evol with the update kit. Just a thought.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into Raptor shocks?

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
I briefly checked out their site but im leaning toward Fox because they are the easiest for me to get, and I know they also make an awesome product.

Top Bottom