Flo n Go Gas Cans

robb

Reaction score
I was looking at one of these for hauling fuel to the farm for the sleds. Has anyone tried one of these and are they worth the hefty price tag ?
66160901.jpg

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just the handle and have good luck with it. have had it for probably 3 years. i would definately switch out the black hose for a clear vinyl one though. Alot easier to use.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use mine often, it lays in the bed of my truck and fits under the sled deck. pull out the slider, attach the hose, tip it up and squeeze the nozzle and voila gas at your fingertips.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure is a lot of money for 50 litres of gas, and when full the beotch is heavy, looks like a good idea, bro in law has one. pita mainly. ya spill as much as a jerry can usually. buy only if cn tire has on sale otherwise save yer money.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was looking at one also,did the math and to spend that much for a gas can that holds 50 liters i can buy 3 jerry can for $30 and have 10 liters more.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you mean the slow and flow? just buy a 3$ siphon if you can't handle a jerry can.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one and it is junk. Slower than conventional 5gal jugs for filling. I would just stick with decent 5gallon jugs.

robb

Reaction score
do you mean the slow and flow? just buy a 3$ siphon if you can't handle a jerry can.

It's not the fact that i can't handle a 5 gallon jerry can,it's the fact I'm filling six at a crack currently and between me and the kids that's 2-3 rides maximum. 2 flo n go's are 106 litres vs. 6 jerry cans at 120 litres.That's a lot less messing around when i pull up to the pumps,and they take up the same amount of floor space in my shed as 2 jerry cans.With that being said, I'll probably end up looking for a smaller slip tank around the 200 litre range.

Last edited:

robb

Reaction score
I'll have to change my thinking again. A decent slip tank with pump is more money than 4 flo n go's. Have to keep watching kijiji for used.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not the fact that i can't handle a 5 gallon jerry can,it's the fact I'm filling six at a crack currently and between me and the kids that's 2-3 rides maximum. 2 flo n go's are 106 litres vs. 6 jerry cans at 120 litres.That's a lot less messing around when i pull up to the pumps,and they take up the same amount of floor space in my shed as 2 jerry cans.With that being said, I'll probably end up looking for a smaller slip tank around the 200 litre range.

I think that they have to be higher then what your filling up. So if they are on the floor they won't fill a sled. But I could be wrong!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could get a used slip tank and 12v pump. It will probably last you forever. The flow in go tend to leak or break when brand new. The plastic is very weak. Another cheap solution for you could be the siphon hose with ball valve in it. We use them at work everyday for doing services on trucks. They work well.

robb

Reaction score
I think that they have to be higher then what your filling up. So if they are on the floor they won't fill a sled. But I could be wrong!

You have to use the nozzle hand pump if they are lower than the tank. If you want gravity free-flow they have to be higher than the tank your are filling,same principle as siphoning from a tank.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Robb why don't you stop buy my house and i will hook you up with a 205l VP drum. Then all you need is a pump.

robb

Reaction score
Hey Robb why don't you stop buy my house and i will hook you up with a 205l VP drum. Then all you need is a pump.

Are these the thick wall style? I thought of using a drum ,but everything i can get my hands on is paper thin,not like the old drums i had on the farm.I would throw a filter assembly on that and put it on a stand.I have a gravity nozzle i have left over from my old farm tanks. Not sure how legal they would be for transporting gas.

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that they have a pretty decent wall thickness. I think if VP is allowed to ship fuel across the country in them you should be fine. Especialy if your licence plate has that little green sticker in the corner that says farmers are allowed to do anything.

robb

Reaction score
I miss that little green sticker. If i had one of those my sleds would be running marked fuel.............lol...............I don't farm anymore,sleds are parked at my sisters farm.I just want to get away from the hour round trip to town and back everytime i run out of fuel.A full drum would almost last me a season.

Top Bottom