Flames/Canucks Sat game

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has become a media hot topic in the last couple days. Good old hockey!

My opinion is that both coaches should be fined and not just Torts!

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary had no intention of playing hockey. 2 seconds and they were already throwing punches. Classless , I'm glad torts got suspended but Hartley deserved a suspension as well.

^^^^^^^ totally agreed ..... CLASSLESS.... !!!!! Hartley should have been standing next too tortes in New York ..... Never in years have I seen a team start a game with the fourth line !!!! Lost my respect for the new management team that runs the flames ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SummitX509

Reaction score
What a joke! Torts is the one who started the fight by not planning. He knew that Calgary was starting their fourth line. It was no surprise. Beiksa is a D-man and when he came up to take the draw Westgarth saw that as a challenge.
Do you really think they would have beat up the girls if they started? Wow.

You start your fourth line when you what to send a message to your team.

Flames fan forever!!!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bieksa stepped up to take the kid who was playing his first game in the NHL out of the BULLCHIT! That is class !!!
Calgary has always been my second favorite team being a calgarian. Not anymore now I'm just embarrassed.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what game were you watching?

What a joke! Torts is the one who started the fight by not planning. He knew that Calgary was starting their fourth line. It was no surprise. Beiksa is a D-man and when he came up to take the draw Westgarth saw that as a challenge.
Do you really think they would have beat up the girls if they started? Wow.

You start your fourth line when you what to send a message to your team.

Flames fan forever!!!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish I could figure out how the NHL comes to it's punishment conclusions. Buffalo coach gets $100 grand fine for doing the same thing Hartley did but he gets $25 grand fine.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a Flames fan and I really hope that Hartley's intention was just to spark the team.
The next meeting between these two will be a must watch game even if you don't follow hockey.

Everyone got what they deserved in the end except Burrows. We'll see if SOB responds.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome game. Then right after the shoot out switch over to supercross and see Reed smoke James Stewart with the pass Of the year

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did Burrows do?

I'm a Flames fan and I really hope that Hartley's intention was just to spark the team.
The next meeting between these two will be a must watch game even if you don't follow hockey.

Everyone got what they deserved in the end except Burrows. We'll see if SOB responds.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did Burrows do?
Apparently when SOB was with the Canucks he missed a practice due to some drinking the previous night. There are rumours that he actually had a drinking problem. During the back and forth on the benches, Burrows had his water bottle and was giving SOB the drinking motion several times. Maybe not a huge deal really but he seemed pretty brave from the bench. I'm certain that a fight between the two would be lopsided.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spark the team? That was nothing but a bush league display from a team that has as much chance of making the playoffs as I do playing for them. At the same time, Tortorella needs to dial it back about 3 notches.

The worst part about this is I hate the Canucks.... LOL

Oh, and for the Canuck fans thinking Bieksa is some sort of hero, he's the biggest telephone tough guy out there. He's got a long history on not answering the bell and going after guys that have no intention of fighting.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spark the team? That was nothing but a bush league display from a team that has as much chance of making the playoffs as I do playing for them. At the same time, Tortorella needs to dial it back about 3 notches.

The worst part about this is I hate the Canucks.... LOL

Oh, and for the Canuck fans thinking Bieksa is some sort of hero, he's the biggest telephone tough guy out there. He's got a long history on not answering the bell and going after guys that have no intention of fighting.

Too funny !! They have no intention of fighting because they don't want to get dropped. Lol

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beiksa is a bitch , last night he figured jones was smaller enough to fight and still couldn't do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think there are many teams out there that wouldn't mind having him in their line up. Not the biggest fighter out there but he gets the job done. Little bit of up and down lately but find me a player that doesn't have his performance slide.

Beiksa is a bitch , last night he figured jones was smaller enough to fight and still couldn't do anything about it.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How points does Jones have vs bieksa? Just curious. Hard to contribute from the penalty box or the healthy scratch list.

Top Bottom