Fishing

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Was out at the cabin on the weekend and the "bottom feeders" are in the creek spawning. They get so tight in the creek sometimes that the kids can "pet a fish" without them reacting.
Pretty cool stuff for the kids.

Attachments

• IMG_3975.jpg
    IMG_3975.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3978.jpg
    IMG_3978.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3979.jpg
    IMG_3979.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3982.jpg
    IMG_3982.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 55

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
cool.................

looks like there is more water in the creek than there is in the lake......:eek:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nail the tail to a board and skin them, easiest way to do it. Boil up some salted water, don't over cook, dip the pieces in some melted garlic butter, almost like eating lobster.

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dales got it right... poor mans lobster...awful fugly is right.. if you can get past the skinning, ya gotter made man!!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I've caught a few and ONCE I tried to grab it and that sucker started doing a wrap around the arm thing...slimmed the ever loving ch!t outta me and needless to say it went back in the water a helluva lot faster than it came out !!!!!!! So the next time anyone catches one of those prehistoric ugly, and apparently good eating fresh water cod....take some pics as to how you cleaned it and maybe ....just maybe I'll attempt it one more time! LOL

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Badss, before you bring it outa the water whack it on the head like Mrs. bogger does to bogger, lay it out good and cold.

When you get it back home or shore use either of the following two, nail the tail to a board about 2 x 2 and skin it then clean it like a walleye. Or if you have a second person they can hold the tail with a pair of pliers and skin it then clean it like a walleye.

Either works well, no bones in those babies at all thats why they are like a snake.

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am sure that is a Burbot. Bunny has a cabin at the same lake as my wifes family(I think) I don't think that there are suckers in that lake. I could be wrong, I have never hooked a sucker,only Burbot.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i am sure that is a burbot. Bunny has a cabin at the same lake as my wifes family(i think) i don't think that there are suckers in that lake. I could be wrong, i have never hooked a sucker,only burbot.

ya, they are like sucker fish(kinda like catfish), but i think they call them burbot or "ling cod"????

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think so. I know them as Burbot.

Fuggin ugly bastages!!!!!

My guess is they are either suckers or carp. Both look about the same. Burbots are commonly referred to as fresh water catfish, and are mainly found in lakes and not creeks ( I believe )

Suckers are known to travel up creeks to spawn and commonly spawn right after trout.

The picture does look like suckers to me, but it is a little hard to be certain.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My guess is they are either suckers or carp. Both look about the same. Burbots are commonly referred to as fresh water catfish, and are mainly found in lakes and not creeks ( I believe )

Suckers are known to travel up creeks to spawn and commonly spawn right after trout.

The picture does look like suckers to me, but it is a little hard to be certain.

I would say suckers also by the scale pattern, hopefully we are not infested with carp yet. Wrong type of tail for a burbot also. If they coil like a snake though they are definatly a burbot!

Top Bottom