Fish Finders

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It really depends what your looking for. Basic fish finder's are relatively inexpensive and then the price will go up from there into the thousands.
The first thing to know is how you plan on using it, if it just the purpose of seeing and finding fish then all you need is a basic finder. Any big box store will carry those units and are very simple to use.
If your down rigging then your needing a more advanced model for detailed map loading or if your wanting to tie into a auto pilot system, same deal a more advanced model.
So your budget and requirements is first thing to think about.
I have had 2 Hummingbirds, first one in my Lund and second one in my current boat. I also had a Lowrance and a Raymarine in my Bayliner Trophy. All are great units and if you buy a brand name known in the industry you should be golden. Be ware of Chinese knock off.

FYI, "EAGLE" branded finders are Lowrance budget line.

Yah they eagle my neighbour is cheap looking. We left it on out of the water and it was seeing fish in the parking lot on the trailer lol

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kijiji or else for a new unit go to the Fishing Hole as soon as they are open again.
They usually have Lowrance units with the 5" screen and can add maps.
Usually about $300 when on half price.
Cheaper than Cabelas

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope you realize that having a fish finder does not mean catching more fish. A lot of people fall into the propangada BS of believing that..LOL and the majority that do are poor fisherman to start with.
Successful fishing is about knowing the waters(lake/river/ocean) your fishing in.
Guys that do well fishing generally know the waters they are fishing either because they have been fishing there a lot over there years and got to know it or understand fish habits of the specie they are going for.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Hope you realize that having a fish finder does not mean catching more fish. A lot of people fall into the propangada BS of believing that..LOL and the majority that do are poor fisherman to start with.
Successful fishing is about knowing the waters(lake/river/ocean) your fishing in.
Guys that do well fishing generally know the waters they are fishing either because they have been fishing there a lot over there years and got to know it or understand fish habits of the specie they are going for.

I’m a terrible fisher. I plan to is it as a tool to better locate the fish hot spots (and show my grandchildren...lol).
Great feedback...thanks.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
That Garmin stuff is just awesome and dosent get any more reliable. I have one of the first fish finder's Garmin made, if not the first and never had an issue with it in about 15-20 yrs of use. Garmin is like Motorola, all they build is quality stuff.

First hand “user reviews” are always the best.
Thanks.

Top Bottom