First week of April, is it too late?

Sebanff

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been in revy the 2 feb for sledding. I want to go back in the first week of April with my father... Do you think revy will still have enough snow for sledding? How was the condition last year at the same time? Thank you for your next reply. Seb

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
No worries about snow.
Tons will be left. Usually spring riding that time, but with weather pattern changes one never knows.
I have had some wonderful powder days in April.

Lynn

Reaction score
Should be good, we've been there April 15th-20th in previous years and still had great snow conditions and a couple feet of powder.

BLUE PLATE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been in revy the 2 feb for sledding. I want to go back in the first week of April with my father... Do you think revy will still have enough snow for sledding? How was the condition last year at the same time? Thank you for your next reply. Seb

We still get great pow conditions at that time of the year and ride well into june with great access

Reaction score
If it's your first time spring riding just realize there is some 4x4ing involved.

Expect to be hassled if you try to pull a big trailer up a logging road and screw it up for everyone. Seen some real bonehead moves, that's for sure.

Sled decks and no trailers of any kind are the way to go

Sebanff

Reaction score
What do you mean? i would like to go boulder mountain like the first time. Made our way to turbo hill and come back! You think that gonna be full of atv and truck? And do you know a good guide for me and my father to help us with our quest?? or just if you ride in these days and/or you have a crew, we can ride together. I pay couple of beer. ahaaa I made pretty well(not gettin stuck every 10 min lol) the first time in Revy with a crew i meet at the the last drop. My father sled since too many years(over 40 now) We will start from full speed rentals and we can meet at the cabin. Thank you for your help guy Sebastien

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
What do you mean? i would like to go boulder mountain like the first time. Made our way to turbo hill and come back! You think that gonna be full of atv and truck? And do you know a good guide for me and my father to help us with our quest?? or just if you ride in these days and/or you have a crew, we can ride together. I pay couple of beer. ahaaa I made pretty well(not gettin stuck every 10 min lol) the first time in Revy with a crew i meet at the the last drop. My father sled since too many years(over 40 now) We will start from full speed rentals and we can meet at the cabin. Thank you for your help guy Sebastien

He means don't bring a big trailer and try and get up the mountain with it to unload!

Sent from my iPad using

Sebanff

Reaction score
So i need a trailer to bring the sled from full speed rentals to Cabin or ???. I can't start from there(full speed rentals), cause not enough snow for sled? Séb thank you

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have had some great trips into late May. You will more than likely have to haul the sleds up the road a bit to unload in the snow depending on conditions. Just watch this site for information, usually a thread shows up somewhere on here where folks are unloading in spring conditions.

Reaction score
The snow melts at the bottom first and works its way up the mountain through the spring.

you need to haul sleds up the trail as there is no snow.

it is tight to turn around in the middle of the road when you get to the snow, and you need some skill

at times there can be may people trying to get up the road.

if you dont know what you're doing and get stuck or block the road, you can expect to have people angry at you.

ca va bien?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It should also be noted that there will be logging starting on April 15th up the Veideman trail. This means they will be plowing from the parking lot up the road towards the Veideman trail but I believe the logging contractor has offered to also plow the Kirkup trail to the large parking lot around 8km up. So there should be decent parking for trailers for a couple of more weeks after that until the snow melts at that elevation which is over 1000 feet higher than the parking lot.

Top Bottom