First time sledder

Chappy

Reaction score
First time sledder. Ordered two cats still waiting for them. Wanting to go to mountains where would be a good place to break out for first timers. From Drayton Valley.

Hooligen

Reaction score
Welcome fellow Drunkin Vallian! :beer: The shortest drive from DV is Valemount, and IMO its a great place to start out. Allen Creek is one of the shortest trails around(at times ice can make it a bit hairy ask in town about trail) cause after your first day or two your body will scream GROOMER! Dont matter how old you are. Clemina is a nice area too lots of beginner areas, lots of NOT beginner areas too, so if you can find someone to show you around, do so. Everyone is usually very willing to give you the time of day so don't be shy. A GPS can be a life saver too, literally. Next closest would be Mcbride, also a very freindly town, bit longer trails in but usually worth the ride, lots of places to find untouched. After Mcbride next closest is probably Blue river, highly recomend getting a guild always epic snow very easy to loose yourself in some areas or end up where you don't wanna be.

All my opinion, in short if theres snow its fun, and if at any point your not having fun, sell the kitties and buy some golf clubs cause your crazy.
:cool:Just sayin.
:beer:

When your Cats show up PM me and I'll see If i'm heading out the same time.

Welcome to S&M.

Two Blue

Reaction score
Hey Hooligen, what brand/model GPS are you using and with what maps? Cheers.

Top Bottom