First Time at Valemount??

blair155

Reaction score
It looks like myself(20yrs), and bro(15yrs) are heading out to valemount soon (around jan 30th) with my paps(50yrs) who has been numerous times... My dad is still trying to narrow down which location( prob allan or clemina) is the best for our first safe times???? all input will be greatly appreciated.. thankyou!! blair155

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well clemina would be my first choice it has the easier trail and plenty of easy access into the alpine.

second would be allan. trail is fairly easy but has some steep and sometimes icy sections but is usually no problem at all. also easy ridding once your into the alpine.

if you want to try something different chappel riding area when its groomed is also a fairly easy ride up aswell.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
I’d recommend Clemina for the first time.

The ride up is ~18km bumps are the only issue, trail is safe, rode it last week. You can putz around the cabin, head to the backside, Lakeview Plateau or Morning Glory (between the 13th km and 14th km mark)…there is a map in the cabin…lots of challenging terrain if you choose.

Allen’s ride up is harder but you are rewarded with some awesome riding, very cool…my preferred area.

Take all the gear and keep an eye on it…had a theft issue last week.

Last edited:

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clemina is good for people starting out. I take my 10 year old there all the time so he can practice hill climbing.

BonBon

Reaction score
Great useful info guys! probably heading up to Valemount with a group that has never been in the Mountains yet, in March and have been wondering about good "Mountain" beginner spots! :) thanks again!

rmksledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my first time to the mountains was valemount over new years here(im 15) and we went to allen the first day and i loved it way better then clemina allen has big open areas to play around in and not worrying about running out of room. yes the trail up is scetchy in places but it all comes with experience.

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find Allen has more trees or maybe it's because on jumped out in front of me and cost me 6000 to fix it.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Allens a nice short ride up eventhough its aliitle tricky on some of the switchbacks but you'll have no trouble . just do alittle homework and check on grooming if your worried about track conditions . when you get up to the cabin you have ALOT of space and every kind of riding you want . Its that short ride up to the top that makes for an easy start to your day . Just my 2 cents.

blair155

Reaction score
Thanks for all the inflo guys.. Mabe Ill see you in the mountains this year!

Dtripps

Reaction score
Millage is great under good conditions, long trail up though.

Have fun,
Dtripps

Top Bottom