First Ride '08 RevXP

farmer4ever

Reaction score
Last weekend I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to take an 08 Rev XP 800 for a ride. Talk about dissapointment. It was awful. I'm certainly hoping the production version will be much better than the prototype I rode. It "darted" from side to side so bad it was virtually unsafe to ride in soft snow. On the trail it was marginally better however still wretched. The hood on the machine was already broken from a previous rider being tossed over the bars by a sudden dart to the left the sled decided to take on its own. The motor felt very similar to this years 800 but it sure is light. You can just about do arm curls while lifting the front end of the sled. 425 lbs!!! My other advice to potential buyers would be buy an extra pair of Helly Hansen long underwear because your gonna need it, it's COLD!!! That being said I have faith that Ski-doo will release a much more refined version than the one I rode. However I won't be trading my 900 Polaris on one any time soon!

GRD

Reaction score
Hey Farmer,

What are your thoughts about the new dragon 800?

farmer4ever

Reaction score
Well Get'RDone I guess we'll have to wait and see. It sure looks interesting at 40lbs lighter than the 900 was and an additional 4 ponies it sure be a potent combo. That being said I am a firm believer in the old saying "there's no replacment for displacment!":)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I think it wil be interesting to see the new Dragon 800 going head to head with the Ski-Doo XP. As always, next year will be fun to watch.

Cheers

Well Get'RDone I guess we'll have to wait and see. It sure looks interesting at 40lbs lighter than the 900 was and an additional 4 ponies it sure be a potent combo. That being said I am a firm believer in the old saying "there's no replacment for displacment!":)

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When i was in Revy a week ago, i rode an XR-S and i found that it did the side to side darting while goin down hill. My 05 rev tracked straight as an arrow. I am sure the simmons on mine help alot also.

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Sled

I changed my skiis on my '04 summit after 1 year. I installed Simmons skiis on mine. They are great. I would put them on any machine. My 2 cents
Steve

BIGFOOT

Reaction score

You got that right !!!!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Keep your friggin Polaris

Last weekend I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to take an 08 Rev XP 800 for a ride. Talk about dissapointment. It was awful. I'm certainly hoping the production version will be much better than the prototype I rode. It "darted" from side to side so bad it was virtually unsafe to ride in soft snow. On the trail it was marginally better however still wretched. The hood on the machine was already broken from a previous rider being tossed over the bars by a sudden dart to the left the sled decided to take on its own. The motor felt very similar to this years 800 but it sure is light. You can just about do arm curls while lifting the front end of the sled. 425 lbs!!! My other advice to potential buyers would be buy an extra pair of Helly Hansen long underwear because your gonna need it, it's COLD!!! That being said I have faith that Ski-doo will release a much more refined version than the one I rode. However I won't be trading my 900 Polaris on one any time soon!

You have no clue......That sled was so beaten up that to sit at a computer and bash a sled when your a Polara$s rider is a waste of time and effort. Why bother? Why even bother to ride the Doo?

Last edited by a moderator:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to ride one for 2 whole days in Idaho ,XP that is and I truely was very impressed. The sled had Gen 2s on it , handling up and down and all around was super. This machine will rock every 2 smoke once a little boost is added. I quess the only factor remains will it stay glued. The one I rode already had bulkhead stiffies on it. Your need for strength declines with your lightening process, only time will tell if SkiDoo calculated it properly.Fit and exterior finish were good, hell its a sled one trip should eqaul ducttape somewhere. And at the very least a broken windshield and ripped decals, plastic and paint none of them are a Lexus. My only complaint seat is wedgeeee maker but a HMP will cure that.And it was a little hard on fuel,but then again this is Alberta so thats not an issue either. No brand bias here I ride Apex and a M1000, this sled is at first impression is a winner. BOOYAAAAAAH

F

FAB1

You have no clue......That sled was so beaten up that to sit at a computer and bash a sled when your a Polara$s rider is a waste of time and effort. Why bother? Why even bother to ride the Doo?

GOT ISSUES.....LOL

OVER!!!!

ps...I ride an APEX and am looking forward to riding the New DOO....OVER!!!

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Duck,I never got back to you since I bought a spacer.500 miles on my renegade since installing it.0 belt dust and virtually no wear on my belt.This included a warm spring ride to golden.I may have seen your truck and trailer in the parking lot at gorman,didnt see you on the hill.alta plate duck Iassumed it was yours. Thanks for the spacer,talk to you soon. Jon. Oh ya,that dynajoe kit works awsome.

Top Bottom