Proclimb Fox Evol3 setup/findings

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm not a guru. Have a little understanding of suspensions. But cannot offer any advice, will only post my experience with a 2016 M8 162. I'm 6', 250+/- geared and riding. I have clutched and geared up, and 2" ride forward kit.

So I have voiced that I'm not loving my sled. I like it, but don't love it. Others have said to setup suspension with very little advice on how to do so or where to start. I was experiencing a ride that was great on trail, smooth and ate bumps, didn't push through corners, darted a bit. But Off trail I found it steered heavy, felt heavy, couldn't get skis off the snow(wheelie), and really had to work at muscling itnaround. Not what I had heard from this chassis. So, not really happy.

Ive made some changes, not going to post them all, but will post the ends of the spectrum for settings. First number represents main chamber, second is evol chamber.

These changes were in 3ft of bottomless on a warm +2 day

Starting from new;
skis- 100/100
skid- front 60/100 rear 145/180
*notes- hard to throw, if side hilling would buck me hard if I crossed froze in track under snow, not fun on hard snow. No trenching in deep-got up fast in powder. Could not wheelie or raise skis when on power, feels gutless- doesn't hook up

So I like ski lift. Limiter straps all the way out, but heavy transfer on front, so I need to change that weight transfer rearward.

Skis 75/120
skid front 75/150 rear 120/180
notes. Trenches and won't climb up on snow. Steering is effortless almost tippy. Front feels great while side hilling, no more being bucked.

Ok ok now I got my transfer, but too much. So I made a final adjustment of the day and rode various terrain to get a feel.

Skis 80/120
skid front 70/150 rear 130/180
Notes. Feels so much better, gets up on snow, will trench if I want or gets up. skis feel light yet I can use to steer/countersteer. Feels like I gained 20+hp. The sled takes minimal input to maneuver. Leaning/stepping forward on boards steers sled, no more wrong foot forward

these are my findings. May not work for all. I really like my setup for now and really see what people are saying for how effortless they ride. I think I will try to refine a little more just so I don't trench out from time to time. And may not either.

It is true, there is a lot on the table with these shocks and suspensions. Don't be afraid to waste a day that will change the experience.

Last edited:

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_2512.jpg

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is what I was talking about. It's so open ended and non informative. Daves, not your number. We aren't that far away from each other

I found that as little as 5psi made a difference, 10psi was the difference between trench or pop up on snow.

Last edited:

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched to spring shocks this year, and I am still trying to get my head around them, I think it is way easier to setup an air shock, at least you can record and reset the pressures to the same values reliably. Trying to figure out how much preload you have on a spring is pretty much impossible, especially out on a ride when the shock is covered in snow and you are trying to twist the collar to change things up. It's not to bad on the ski shocks, but a total pain on the skid.

Top Bottom