finally maybe a deecent turbo system for XP?!?!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turbo Power & Performance has just released our brand new Turbo Kit for the XP.

The kit is featured on a '09 XP 800 163".

Fuel Injection System with throttle body mounted injectors
Garrett Ball Bearing Turbo

Kit prices starting at $6,795.00

yes i realize the exhaust is in a terrible spot, they are working on correcting that as this was the prototype. i just found it interesting that they have finally designed a standalone efi system for the xp.

i dont have any numbers but supposedly it is going onto the dyno soon from what i heard on snowest anyways.

krazy ken

Reaction score
SWEET!!!!! Maybe something in works for Revs. One can only hope it all works out.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a few turbo kits onto the rev's and the xp's last year.. They work well.. Just doesn't change it to an efi system, like this system seems to.. Price seems a little off though if they are also incluing a complete fuel inj system for the sled aswell.. As lots of the other race fuel set-ups are close to the same price and don't do efi set-up.. I like hairdryers.. If your interested in a turbo kit for your Rev or XP just send me a Pm or give the shop a call..

krazy ken

Reaction score
I like the EFI part no jetting changes. Pullin' wrenches all day not when I'm playin. GO WIDOWMAKERS

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the efi part soounds cool as long as it works properly without any bugs in the electrical.. Hope to find out more info on this kit in the future.. The kits i did had pro-jets so alls you had to do to change jetting is turn a dial..

krazy ken

Reaction score
May have to look you up this summer, spent too much already for this year. Maybe buy Paul's XRS 860 and do the turbo.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have they said who is building the efi set-u pand computer stuff for it?? Also is it the red knob that you are refering to that has a hose hooked to it? If so that is usually hooked to the coolant line coming from the head to the carbs.. they might be running the coolant line from the head to the turbo or the throttle bodies posibly not sure.. It is a shut off valve..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now i seethe black one that you are probably refering to, That will probably be for a blow-off valve..

T-BO

Reaction score
I'm with ken, pretty sure it's a boost controller.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm with ken, pretty sure it's a boost controller.

I think that you might be right after i looked at the pics sloser i looks like they might have a blow-off valve on the one tube closer to the turbo itself.. I can tell the black one in question is made by turbosmart just not 100% sure what it's function is.

T-BO

Reaction score
not sure about the function of the blow off valve?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure about the function of the blow off valve?

When you chop the throttle it opens to release the charge that is in the chearge tube coming from the turbo to airbox, several kits use them on the efi model sleds.

T-BO

Reaction score
I think that you might be right after i looked at the pics sloser i looks like they might have a blow-off valve on the one tube closer to the turbo itself.. I can tell the black one in question is made by turbosmart just not 100% sure what it's function is.

I thought you ddin't know but sounds like thats not the case.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you ddin't know but sounds like thats not the case.

I can tell that it's a turbosmart product but they make lots of products for turbo applications.. i've seen blow-off valves that look like it does, but once i saw the other black thing hooked to the tube closer to the turbo it makes me think that it's a controller and the other one( closer to turbo) is the blow-off valve.

Top Bottom