finally - an affordable competant mechanic near Calgary

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
came across an ad in Kijiji for a mechanic offering his services for $30 per hour. I was frustrated enough to give him a shot. I have a Union Bay 730 install and a top end for a rev and neither were going well. I called the number and Cody said he could get me in next day. I bought them out and had a chance to talk to him before committing.

Cody is on the verge of opening his own small engine repair shop in Strathmore. He has the tools but has to work out of his (clean) garage until he can finalize the lease on his own shop. His last two sleds have been an Apex and a 900 cat. These aren't starter sleds so I am pretty sure he has been sledding a very long time.

Less than a week later, both sleds are ready for their first trip. $350 is an absolute bargain for all the work he did, would have been $1,000 more in a dealership. I have dropped off my Rhino for a complete front to back service because I now have faith in his ability. My Foreman goes next and he will be seeing my Grizzly this spring. It is a relief to have everything in great mechanical condition, at least until I break them.

I would highly recommend this guy as he can do in a few hours what many of us would struggle and fail at doing right.

C and L Small Engine
Cody (587) 893 - 0268
candlsmallengine@hotmail.ca

inside

Reaction score
I wish there was more of these guys in my area there are none. Temper to learn a little more, feeling comfortable doing an engine is the biggest part

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he opens his own shop his prices will have to double instantly at the very least or he wont be in business long.

knee deep in it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If he opens his own shop his prices will have to double instantly at the very least or he wont be in business long.

could be, I will worry about that if it happens. At double the price, I would still use him over most of the shops. Still a bargain.

update - The rev ran flawlessly today and the Union Bay is 99% ready to go. He did good work.

Top Bottom