Finally a picture of the 2017..

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure when I bought my etec it was advertised to have 163 hp. And now in that video they are saying 10 more hp.

I'm also pretty keen on that pDrive clutch. Maintenance free sounds pretty cool

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure when I bought my etec it was advertised to have 163 hp. And now in that video they are saying 10 more hp.

Ya mine too..rode it today and had fun but tomorrow it will suck now that I know BRP screwed me and it didnt really have the HP they said it did.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya mine too..rode it today and had fun but tomorrow it will suck now that I know BRP screwed me and it didnt really have the HP they said it did.
You will never be the same now, knowing someone or something you once trusted has cared so little about you... You matter Bob the sledder.... You matter... Tomorrow... Your snowmobile will have less hp than it did yesterday. Because the Internet.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It did work maybe just to many guys at once were tryin to watch ......now I just need to come up with 15g by November .....

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thirty percent more responsive hp.. They must of reduced the stator, crank, and primay a lot to get that

I think Ski-doo is likely to start experiencing what Polaris did in 2011, loosing weight and increasing performance for the sake of reliability. Hopefully they had half a clue when they started doing this.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg
Pretty centralized

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski-Doo certainly has my attention.... Watched quite a few FB videos in the last few hours. This sled has prompt very significant changes that will blow Polaris right off its axy :cool: not to mention others!

Cat, Yamee, Poo better be releasing something = or greater if not they must be shaking at the knees.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is old marketing.

The 2010.5 etec made 163.9 or something on a dyno once with some timing advance. I believe it was dyno techs. Since then it hasn't made that on a stock release. Even Doo's website used to say "based on an independent dyno test" or something like that to try and make it sound legit.

I do still feel the current 800 etec is a great motor. The new 850 will only have improved on that. Big question is why only 850? Couldn't get any reliability out of more displacement?

Yes many are saying this new motor is designed around being boosted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is old marketing.

The 2010.5 etec made 163.9 or something on a dyno once with some timing advance. I believe it was dyno techs. Since then it hasn't made that on a stock release. Even Doo's website used to say "based on an independent dyno test" or something like that to try and make it sound legit.

I do still feel the current 800 etec is a great motor. The new 850 will only have improved on that. Big question is why only 850? Couldn't get any reliability out of more displacement?

Yes many are saying this new motor is designed around being boosted.

I reposted a video at 6:08 pm tonight on FaceBook and it was about 5 minutes long at it said 165 hp.... Minutes later the post was removed and I received a pp slap note from FB ????

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have posted a link to the motor info in the other thread. It still works.

Yea the new motor is 165. People are questioning the 50cc increase but only 2hp. It's more than 2-3 hp over the existing 800. It's closer to 10.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Displacement has nothing to do with reliability. You can build an engine as big as you want and it can still be reliable. Piston speed, clearances, oiling, cooling, moderate compression, etc make it reliable. A 1000cc can be just as reliable as a 250cc.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you think ken.. looking at see doo with the 260supercharged and the maverick with the 1000ccturbo, doo has tested this new motor and has the turbo on the shelf ready to go if need be.. No need till another manufacture jumps up hp..

all the changes they done to this motor is exactly what is needed for boost.. A simple bolt on addition.. No more oil tank for a short charge tube, stronger rods, better rave value control, closer throttle body's to engine, add some secondary injectors, lighten up primary for quicker spool, new lighter, quicker injectors.. Stronger ring guide Pistons with steel inserts... Bet they have a nice open spot for turbo to mount right in as well

doo might even threw a warrenty on this and that will take out the aftermarket guys.. Losing a lot of cash to them over the years

Top Bottom