Fernie Winter 2016-2017

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to coal on fri morning and were the second group up. The trail pass girl looked me in the eye and lied to my face and said the trail was groomed last night. If that is what FSA is about then I can't support them any more!Something has to change!

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
So, isn't there an FSA groomer and contract groomer this year? I am not sure but I thought the fsa groomer was doing other areas and the contract was doing coal/Morrissey. It seems that the locals know the other riding areas and have those trails groomed. Seems like people paying per use is the bread and butter of the FSA income. Why not send the other groomer to Coal/Morrissey if that one has issues. If you don't keep your customer base happy you will eventually lose income and only be able to afford one groomer again and then won't have your honey hole areas groomed. Might have to bite the bullet and so to speak.

mattalind

Reaction score
To anyone and everyone in the Fernie area....my gf and I are riding the 28th, 29th & 30th of March. I've been to the area many times before but am usually led by a guide so my knowledge of the area is pretty much limited to pipeline, notch, rolling hills. My gf (very much a beginner, we will likely just ride trail mostly that day) will be with me one day, I'll be by myself one day, and the third day is yet TBD. If possible, I would greatly appreciate someone taking me out when I'm on my own. I will pay guide fees (in $, beer, or any other currency someone wishes to accept, lol) in order to have someone with some local knowledge take me to the honey holes. I'm fit and able to help dig, I ride a G4 165 3" 850 and am a capable rider. It would also be great if someone or another couple would be interested in taking my gf and I out together as well. I'm trying to teach her how to mountain ride (ie: carve & sidehill) but she takes instruction much better from anyone other than me! lol...

I have a shovel, beacon and probe and if needed would rent an ABS pack as well. If anyone is interested, able or willing to help me out on my upcoming trip I'd be eternally grateful. PM me or text me at 204-923-0506.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another spectacular day sledding up Coal Creek. the trail was okay going up and horrible coming back. It needs to be groomed but I saw the mogul basher parked in the staging area when we got back so maybe its going to be done. does anyone know for sure?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another spectacular day sledding up Coal Creek. the trail was okay going up and horrible coming back. It needs to be groomed but I saw the mogul basher parked in the staging area when we got back so maybe its going to be done. does anyone know for sure?
I saw a post on Facebook that the groomer guy was making a mess from the warm conditions so gave up. They are going to try and fix it later with the smaller groomer and drag they say?

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a post on Facebook that the groomer guy was making a mess from the warm conditions so gave up. They are going to try and fix it later with the smaller groomer and drag they say?

Tough trying to groom when it's this warm alright. People need to be aware of that.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough to groom in Kelowna as well. The club just lost there groomer to fire overnight I saw on Facebook and think it was deliberate. WTF is wrong with people?

Tommy100

Reaction score
How is the snow and trails doing in the warmer and rainy weather, is it raining in the rolling hills or snowing

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took a group up Coal creek today and had a blast. I was told it rained to the top yesterday but today it was snowing hard. The trail needs to be groomed but with the warmer temps that may not happen

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone out riding today? Just wondering if its raining up to the top?. Lots of sledders hanging out around town today

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to Coal Creek today but as we were unloading a friend came back and said the trail was rock hard and 4 foot moguls. We packed up and went to Morrisey and went maybe 5 kms and it was the same. We turned around and went home

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ned the trails to melt so we can start driving the trucks up.
Spring sledding in full effect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom