Fernie Winter 2016-2017

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That I can't answer for sure. Maybe the fernie snowmobile club can chime in. It's a well used area without logging issues in the past as far as I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is morrisey staging area accessable without a vhf radio ? Are there logging trucks in the area ?

Yes. No radio needed now.
Work has completed up there

Just have to be respectful and watch for FWA's snowcat on the trail.
We are lucky they allow us access.

Reaction score
Great news! With the recent winter storms that rocked Fernie over the weekend the FSA will be commencing grooming up Morrissey next week (weather dependant). As a result of the expected increase in congestion at the staging area, we have negotiated access from private land owners for an additional parking lot at the old Morrissey town site which can accommodate large trucks and trailers (see map). Please help us maintain this new working relationship with the private landowners by cleaning up all garbage and avoiding use of this area when muddy etc. Please note that the Coal Creek staging area extending through to the Corbin tin shack/yellow gates (Coal Creek Pass, Martin, Matheson, Morrissey Ridge, Leech Ridge areas) will remain temporarily closed due to logging activities until approximately February. 2017.

IMG_6700.jpg

Reaction score
The Fernie Snowmobile Association is seeking Corporate Sponsors for the 2016-2017 season! Interested in advertizing in our NEW Fernie Snowmobile Trail Guide, on our website, or in our warming cabins? Send us an email info@ferniesnowmobile.com for more information. Deadline for ad submissions in the trail guide is this Monday Dec 12th - get your ad space secured today!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fernie Snowmobile Association is seeking Corporate Sponsors for the 2016-2017 season! Interested in advertizing in our NEW Fernie Snowmobile Trail Guide, on our website, or in our warming cabins? Send us an email info@ferniesnowmobile.com for more information. Deadline for ad submissions in the trail guide is this Monday Dec 12th - get your ad space secured today!

Info on the website as well??

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody have room for one more in their group tomorrow?
AST2, have 174 and shovel.
Kinda know how to use both!
Morrissey, Harvey, Rolling Hills, hell maybe even Corbin.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great snow today for those who ventured out!... but I coulda swore I read a thread about more parking, parking lot attendants and grooming....guess not..

Top Bottom