Fernie Winter 2016-2017

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does that type of thinking come from?
What about us locals that pay our memberships but don't ride weekends? We NEVER get to ride a fresh groom.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a good point. I work shift work so I'll get all days of the week in eventually providing I have riding partners. But a good chance most of the days will also be during the week. Not right that my money shouldn't go towards grooming for mid week riders also.
Another topic to be brought up at the meetings.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumped into a few locals from sparwood tha basically told us we don't belong in there riding are, they went on and on about our white and red plates, biggest wieners I've bumped into for a long time, I know it's not all the locals that are like that, seems to be some of the younger guys, found it kinda odd because it happened in whitefish to with a group for sparwood
Heard it was like that in Trout Lake as well. Not a good feeling leaving a $80,000 pickup in a remote parking lot by its lonesome while you sled miles away.

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I've heard stories like that before...
It's best not to judge the locals based upon the actions of the worst. Similarly, its best not to judge the "red & whites" by the actions of the worst.
The riding area around Fernie is so vast, no need to save areas.
To be honest, some of the best riding areas do not even have groomed access trails.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any predictions as to when the riding will be over? we would like one more trip up out but will not make it until the weekend after Easter

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys will ride into May/June. It's not easy access. Takes some serious 4x4ing and creek crossing so it all depends on what kind of riding you are looking for.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's not what the locals want. I live in Sparwood and ride mainly in the Fernie area and I ride with lots of people from Alberta and I even camp next to a couple from Alberta.
That's what the locals want

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard it was like that in Trout Lake as well. Not a good feeling leaving a $80,000 pickup in a remote parking lot by its lonesome while you sled miles away.

Sad part of that was, pretty much all the "locals" in Trout Lake are from Alberta. Very few BC residents left that own property there.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try going further West in the Kootenays. It's taken more than a few years to get the locals to stop slashing tires of anyone not from there.

Yet it's those locals who avoid trail fees, don't buy memberships and complain about people riding their area.

I am fortunate to know a lot of terrain and lots so secret stashes past Creston but it's the old boys clubs out there that make it very unwelcoming for visitors.

Fernie's club sounds a lot like the same guys running Nelson.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
For Coal Creek/Morrissey, until one can get the trucks up a little higher, I am going to wait. Harvey access should still be good. I'm busy doing spreadsheets for taxes so I am not riding until they are done.

firecatab

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we would like to get one more ride next weekend, hopefully it works out!!! where is the cut off for trailer access for either Morrissey or Coal Creek or is it decks only now?

Top Bottom