Fernie Winter 2016-2017

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Interesting. Sc800 and I ran into a cat skiing guy last year, and he was showing us the land they owned. I asked him twice if it was a tenure and he said nope they owned it. He could have been yanking my chain though.

I checked to make sure and my source tells me no they don't own it. It is JemiFibre land. So all the land from Coal Creek/Morrissey is either JemiFibre land or Government of Canada land. The two cabins are on Government of Canada land. It is interesting to say the least.

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked to make sure and my source tells me no they don't own it. It is JemiFibre land. So all the land from Coal Creek/Morrissey is either JemiFibre land or Government of Canada land. The two cabins are on Government of Canada land. It is interesting to say the least.
Good to know, thanks Doug.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, with active logging in Morrissey does that mean both Coal Creek and Morrissey are down?

You should be able to use either as long as you have a radio like the lodgepole unless I'm missing something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Jemi did not advise of or request a closure of Morrissey. However, it should be noted that snowmobiling on a plowed road is illegal. All vehicles should have a radio and observe posted call in/out procedures while travelling in active logging areas. The FSA has secured an additional area for parking out Morrissey and will have extra staff on hand to assist with parking once grooming has started. Foot of fresh stuff out there today!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking is definitely an issue up morrisey and I wouldn't drag any trailers up personally. The snow is good and there were a lot of sleds out today

That new camera of yours sure takes some awesome pictures! Colors just pop out! Looks great and glad you had a great day!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Parking was why I stopped going to the Morrisey end years ago. I was going to get a season pass for Fernie this winter. Not anymore.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's pretty much game on! Still lots of hidden a arm land mines or is the snow deep enough now?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Looks like it's pretty much game on! Still lots of hidden a arm land mines or is the snow deep enough now?

Apparently, that is a matter of opinion. For the stumps and rocks that are in the burn areas, it would be very iffy. For the cut blocks it would be suicide. In most of the meadows, there are rock outcroppings. Other than that.............but that is only my opinion.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Everyone I spoke to who rode yesterday was happy with conditions except for Doug by the sounds of it. However we wouldn't dare go into the burn or cut blocks early season, I've rode dirt bikes in there in the summer and it's not pretty whatsoever! To each there own!

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently, that is a matter of opinion. For the stumps and rocks that are in the burn areas, it would be very iffy. For the cut blocks it would be suicide. In most of the meadows, there are rock outcroppings. Other than that.............but that is only my opinion.

I have to agree...I staged quite a ways down through the yellow gates at Corbin and rode to the cabin today. We avoided dropping down through the burn and stayed in the trees....min 3' and 5-6' in spots but lots of land mines still visible. Still had a great day with awesome snow. Creeks are still running and looks like about 3-4' shy of snow at the cabin.

Top Bottom