Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is good...very good...stay up high above the previous storms rain line. Blower pow.

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

bull

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is login going on down the lodgepole road..wanting to get to upper and lower flathead and Butts creek...Thanks

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sucks around here.... Really
5dfcfef5e5e4f9e19100125268a0cd32.jpg
7c5b0ed973ce65a27d22c75cbbca8acc.jpg
1e3bdd247f0cdb4ce5bd0157bcd6de64.jpg

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tons of logging going on. I heard 22 trucks on the lodgepole road. those 22 trucks make multiple runs per day
Does anyone know if there is login going on down the lodgepole road..wanting to get to upper and lower flathead and Butts creek...Thanks

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They are active logging the Upper Flathead (Sasquatch Junction), lower Flathead, Border Road and to Km 95 on Cabin Road (almost to Cabin summit).

It is a bit of a $hit show...the only day I would travel on the Lodgepole would be on a Sunday and you should still expect traffic. They are also logging on Ram to Km 44ish.

Anyone traveling on these roads without a radio programmed to RR2 needs their head examined. Some of the roads are only plowed 9 or 10 feet wide (ie: cabin road) and are also on different loading frequencies.

Last edited:

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you do what you gotta do. Lol
Have tried to get to fernie so many times this year but only made it once. Think I’m finally making it out Saturday. Should be a good one....just gotta find the hidden nuggets!

We have taken a few people to a few of our nuggets...but then we killed them at the end of the day.

Three people can keep a secret...if two of them are dead.

:)

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well you do what you gotta do. Lol
Have tried to get to fernie so many times this year but only made it once. Think I’m finally making it out Saturday. Should be a good one....just gotta find the hidden nuggets!

The snow conditions are good for exploring right now...its super deep but there is a great traction layer underneath. It's hard to get stuck.

Enjoy...more snow on the way.

Top Bottom