Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As usual it's dumping snow the day before I go to work. Gonna be a good day tomorrow around here.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still snowing hard up the valley. Snowed hard all day. Might be a good reload.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
somebody said there is now a weather warning for this area. kinda thinking its time to call in sick at work

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think there is much in the forecast from what I am seeing. It's going to need a lot more than 15cm for a reload. Friday it hit plus 1 up top and friday night it got down to -14.5 at elevation.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do some people insist on giving a reason for the RCMP/Co's to come out and hassle people??

It's frustrating to see donkey's driving down the road instead of useing the trail that's provided at Morrisey.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was any tickets given out?
Why do some people insist on giving a reason for the RCMP/Co's to come out and hassle people??

It's frustrating to see donkey's driving down the road instead of useing the trail that's provided at Morrisey.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are are you talking the short distance from staging to trail start with groomer... Last time there that short distance was real Rought, seen tracks go to the Rd for the very short distance

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avalanche.ca forecasting 20-50cm tonight for Lizard range. Dumping in town and does not look like its letting up.

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen the same thing when I was there sledding a few days ago. The short trail from the staging area to the trail head was really whooped out. Seen a lot of sleds riding the road to the collection booth. We took the short trail as I seen a sign saying its illegal to ride a snowmobile on a plowed fsr. The booth attendant didn't even say anything to the people on sleds that rode on the road. Maybe if the groomer could groom that short distance,people wouldn't ride the road. The trail up to morrisey was frickin excellent. Hats off to the club for grooming

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe the ski hill says 0cm in the past 24 hrs. Been snowing for the past 30hrs up the valley. And I believe in sparwood also.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are are you talking the short distance from staging to trail start with groomer... Last time there that short distance was real Rought, seen tracks go to the Rd for the very short distance

Yep. The lower lot to the main lot, and then the a few spots from the main lot up to the ticket booth. They are a little rough, but considering how goo the club is doing with the rest of the trails, the least we can do as users is to try and follow some guidelines.

I don't know if any tickets were given out, as we were out of there by 9:30, but I wouldn't blame them a bit if the fuzz showed up around 4 or so.

Even if you go slow, it takes an extra 5 mins tops.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little throttle control on these short ungroomed trails would go a long way towards keeping them from getting wooped out. You learn that pretty fast when you spend all your time on ungroomed trails.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what I had thought as well but after riding Revy last few weeks at Boulder it seams our first track up the groomed trail is perfect, then I had to run down and pick something I forgot up, must of passed two hundred sleds, on the way back up 1/2 hr latter, it was the worst dam trail I ever seen.. Volume of traffic must also make it woped out..

A little throttle control on these short ungroomed trails would go a long way towards keeping them from getting wooped out. You learn that pretty fast when you spend all your time on ungroomed trails.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty quite in here, what's up?? Coal Creek was just about empty today... it was werd.
No big deal I guess, untracked snow was just about perfect.

Top Bottom