Fernie season 2020/2021

Flick

Reaction score
I would certainly consider it if anyone’s looking for someone to ride with. I’d be alone...

jstrange85

Reaction score
probably heading out that way tomorrow or Saturday . any condition updates. looks/sounds like there could be decent snow?

Flick

Reaction score
I live in Fernie, let me know if you come down and we can meet up for a rip Saturday or Sunday

Oh wow! You might have become my new best friend then! My girlfriend has a cabin in Baynes Lake so Fernie is going to be come my home away from home. Slight change of plans now and I won't be able to make it this weekend but I'd love to get a few rides in between xmas and new years if you'd like!

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did Morrisey get groomed as planned?? Heading out tomorrow on a couple bikes.

Cheers

poysatron

Reaction score
Did Morrisey get groomed as planned?? Heading out tomorrow on a couple bikes.

Cheers
I believe their insta said today was supposed to be the first groom, but never seen anything saying it was done. Hopefully someone with knowledge can chime in....maybe post some photos of riding today as well

Last edited:

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you unload off the Corbin mine road and ride the pipeline up to wranglers cabin and the notch? Used to do that but haven’t been there for a few years.

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coal creek is still closed according to the fernie sled club. Morrisey was supposed to be open and groomed today but not sure if it happened. I was thinking of coming in from the Corbin side but not sure if you can park there and if it’s a plowed road for service work.

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coal creek is still closed according to the fernie sled club. Morrisey was supposed to be open and groomed today but not sure if it happened. I was thinking of coming in from the Corbin side but not sure if you can park there and if it’s a plowed road for service work.

They are logging on the road where you turn in at the tin shack, you can drive your truck on there but need RR-02 on your radio to call km.

Firecatman

Reaction score
In a red dodge picking a guy up in Chestermere? Lol

haha nope, wrong colour Ram, wrong area of Calgary / Rocky View.

Just got back from Fernie though, conditions were pretty good Sunday-Monday. Wish we could have rode today, they got quite the dump last night from what I saw when I was leaving.

1Shot_20201220_153154_adv (2).jpg WP_20201221_13_16_01_Pro__highres-1.jpg

Last edited:

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha nope, wrong colour Ram, wrong area of Calgary / Rocky View.

Just got back from Fernie though, conditions were pretty good Sunday-Monday. Wish we could have rode today, they got quite the dump last night from what I saw when I was leaving.

View attachment 231077View attachment 231076
Holy f**k!!!! It’s about time we get a good dump. Can’t wait to get off work to get a few rides in.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the way back from Cranbrook yesterday, I saw a police car and an ambulance parked at the start of Morrissey road...they both had their emergency lights on but it looked like they were just standing around waiting for someone to show up.

I'm thinking they were waiting for SAR to show up with a patient...anyone hear about anything out Morrissey way?

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard if they are logging/plowing up Lodgepole this winter? The road hasn't been plowed for at least a week or so...got majorly stuck at km 23 today trying to get to 24 where the snow typically tapers off...didn't work out as planned...lol. Once your stuck its a biotch to get the chains on.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anyone heard if they are logging/plowing up Lodgepole this winter? The road hasn't been plowed for at least a week or so...got majorly struck at km 23 today trying to get to 24 where the snow typically tapers off...didn't work out as planned...lol. Once your stuck its a biotch to get the chains on.
Lucky 7 tells me they are not logging the Flathead this winter.

Top Bottom