Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday.

1900119_10153859864175300_1128703780_n.jpg
1800338_10153859864305300_591085488_n.jpg

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cold... so cold. snow was surprisingly good anywhere that wasn't too sunny. not too much traffic and snow coming!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's been a good week of riding, the last few days have been cold but the snow has been worth bundling up for. It's snowing currently and is forecasted to snow till the 7th. Hopefully the forecast is right.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was good today and snowing hard when we left new cabin. Over hood untouched all day today!!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to meet up for a day ride Saturday, if anyone has an extra spot send me a pm

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow was awesome Tuesday the snow was amazing today was super deep a little wetter and heavier rain till about half way up but super deep once you get threw it big avy came across coal creek couple km before the rolling hills about 7' deep on the trail groomer should have fun with that still lots of hangfire up there

• Thanks
Reactions: CJR

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
snow was awesome Tuesday the snow was amazing today was super deep a little wetter and heavier rain till about half way up but super deep once you get threw it big avy came across coal creek couple km before the rolling hills about 7' deep on the trail groomer should have fun with that still lots of hangfire up there

Was a wicked day!! Super deep. You know it's good when out of 4 of us only the turbo made it up the big hill on pipeline on first try... The pipeline was sooooo fun!! Sorry no pics. Honestly couldn't stop long enough!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:beep:Doug better pin er' when he gets to that spot tonight.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Doug, im curious about avy's on the trail and risks posed to groomer operators while grooming. Have you ever been caught in an avi while grooming or had one roll thru in front of you or behind you? This is definitely a hazard of the job. Im sure you have some stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug, im curious about avy's on the trail and risks posed to groomer operators while grooming. Have you ever been caught in an avi while grooming or had one roll thru in front of you or behind you? This is definitely a hazard of the job. Im sure you have some stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing serious. I guess we have been lucky or smart. We don't go during a storm or right after a storm or a snow cycle. We let the naturals sort of run their course but then again one never knows when they may slide. This is the first year I have seen debris on the Coal Creek trail in Fernie. In Elkford, it is pretty much a monthly event on the Crossing Creek trail. There are 5 main avalanche chutes and they don't come down at the same time. Some come down 4-5 times a season and others may only come down once or twice. It is hit and miss. Here is a video of cleaning up a couple with the PB 200. It is a nice sized SnowCat for doing that kind of work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kja0wI-a3RE

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Corbin today, snow has settled very quick from this past weeks snow, typical for march Fernie. Best snow is near cabin, plus less whooped up trail too...

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode from coal creek yesterday. Great weather and lots of untouched tree riding!

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was pretty good spring conditions yesterday, but it rained all the way to the top of the rolling hills this morning and wrecked all the snow :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

SKDeuce

Reaction score
In fernie this week with the sled but hanging out in the cabin so far. A little sketched out about the conditions out there. Have some experience in the mountains and AST1. Are the Avy conditions going to improve this week? We always just ride around the rolling hills. With the reports of slides across trails and stuff I almost considered going...skiing.:(

Top Bottom