Fernie conditions 2014/15

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
FERNIE ALPINE RESORT FORECAST:
TODAY: Mainly cloudy with a 60% chance of flurries. High near -2.

TONIGHT: Cloudy with flurries developing mid-late evening, becoming occasional snow by morning. Accumulation from 2 to 5cm. Low near -4.

THURSDAY: Periods of snow, potentially heavy at times in the afternoon. Accumulation from 8 to 15cm. High near -2.

THURSDAY NIGHT: Periods of snow, heavy at times near or past midnight. Accumulation from 15 to 25cm. Low near -3.

OUTLOOK:
FRIDAY: Periods of snow, moderate to heavy accumulation. High near 0.

SATURDAY: Cloudy with occasional snow or mixed precipitation. High near +1.

SUNDAY: Cloudy with a 70% chance of wet flurries or mixed precipitation. Possible afternoon sunny breaks. High near +2.

Jvl

Reaction score
Fernie was +6 at 3pm yesterday. Sparwood was -4 and snowing. Freeze line in Fernie looks very high.

Yes at 3:00ish I saw plus 8,when there was cloud cover,but at 2:00ish I saw plus 17. Now fernie hawk is saying I'm making things up to keep the red plates at home. I really don't care if they come or not. I've lived in fernie too long to try to understand why the albertans hate their province so much they spend every chance they get to get out of it. I do wonder why if they are going to drive so far,why they don't go to revy anyways,instead of riding the around the poorly placed cabin up coal creek where there's all those land mines in the clear cuts. And about the parking lot problem I think it's the clubs fault for not having someone directing parking when it's busy. So if you don't believe that it hit plus 17 come on down and ride fernies epic powder.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes at 3:00ish I saw plus 8,when there was cloud cover,but at 2:00ish I saw plus 17. Now fernie hawk is saying I'm making things up to keep the red plates at home. I really don't care if they come or not. I've lived in fernie too long to try to understand why the albertans hate their province so much they spend every chance they get to get out of it. I do wonder why if they are going to drive so far,why they don't go to revy anyways,instead of riding the around the poorly placed cabin up coal creek where there's all those land mines in the clear cuts. And about the parking lot problem I think it's the clubs fault for not having someone directing parking when it's busy. So if you don't believe that it hit plus 17 come on down and ride fernies epic powder.
Southern AB gets no snow. I love Alberta but unfortunately we get no snow do ride thus why a lot of southern AB folks come to Fernie. It's two hours to Fernie vs 6-7 hours to revy depending on road conditions. It's got nothing to do with hating our province! We should hook up sometime JVL and go ride and see we all do not ride around the cabin etc etc!

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

This totally sounds like you "don't care if the Albertans come or not". *roll eyes*

Jvl

Reaction score
Southern AB gets no snow. I love Alberta but unfortunately we get no snow do ride thus why a lot of southern AB folks come to Fernie. It's two hours to Fernie vs 6-7 hours to revy depending on road conditions. It's got nothing to do with hating our province! We should hook up sometime JVL and go ride and see we all do not ride around the cabin etc etc!

Thats understandable but there is a lot on here from Calgary. And yes I know you guys ride other places than the burn but, so many do and that's a long way to come to ride ****.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats understandable but there is a lot on here from Calgary. And yes I know you guys ride other places than the burn but, so many do and that's a long way to come to ride ****.

LOL Did someone let OneEyeWilly back on this site? Why do you care so much about what other people do? Chill out, live your life, and let other people live theirs. If they want to drive 15 hrs to ride in the mountains as a life experience, so what?

Seems like you haven't figured it out - Many people ride there because they are from there. I grew up in south eastern BC but with no work in my field, I moved to AB. I'll let you venture a guess as to how many other locals have done the same...... I still recreate back home, pretty much all the time, I don't really ride in AB. I pay my property tax on our place in BC, and I have been mountain riding my whole life.....how long you been a "local"?

You have a very twisted view of the world, and believe me, its your view, not everyone's, because it comes across as really ignorant and narrow minded. Instead of bitchin' and moaning like a baby about the parking at Coal Creek, maybe you could volunteer for the club and do something about it? You have a condescending attitude towards the club and the cabin etc - comical that you think these areas would still be open for you to enjoy without that very same club - they'd be closed for wildlife migration, and the logging roads would be deactivated, gated, or overgrown to keep you out of the FMA. Have fun with your idea of fantasyland.

You somehow seem to think you are solely entitled to a resource that you don't own. If you can't accept that you'll have to share public land, maybe you should buy a vast expanse of private land to ride on in northern Russia......

Jvl

Reaction score
LOL Did someone let OneEyeWilly back on this site? Why do you care so much about what other people do? Chill out, live your life, and let other people live theirs. If they want to drive 15 hrs to ride in the mountains as a life experience, so what?

Seems like you haven't figured it out - Many people ride there because they are from there. I grew up in south eastern BC but with no work in my field, I moved to AB. I'll let you venture a guess as to how many other locals have done the same...... I still recreate back home, pretty much all the time, I don't really ride in AB. I pay my property tax on our place in BC, and I have been mountain riding my whole life.....how long you been a "local"?

You have a very twisted view of the world, and believe me, its your view, not everyone's, because it comes across as really ignorant and narrow minded. Instead of bitchin' and moaning like a baby about the parking at Coal Creek, maybe you could volunteer for the club and do something about it? You have a condescending attitude towards the club and the cabin etc - comical that you think these areas would still be open for you to enjoy without that very same club - they'd be closed for wildlife migration, and the logging roads would be deactivated, gated, or overgrown to keep you out of the FMA. Have fun with your idea of fantasyland.

You somehow seem to think you are solely entitled to a resource that you don't own. If you can't accept that you'll have to share public land, maybe you should buy a vast expanse of private land to ride on in northern Russia......

thanks for for you life story buddy. But come on the club and all the ALBERTANS aren't helping keeping areas open. You can see it in just that the new club came in a stole an area from them because they were so narrow minded with coal creek.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca

Rep'd!!

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for for you life story buddy. But come on the club and all the ALBERTANS aren't helping keeping areas open. You can see it in just that the new club came in a stole an area from them because they were so narrow minded with coal creek.
You mind if I ask your age. Honest question. Just curious. Thanks

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe when it snows the thread will get back on track...everybody being grumpy...need a Snickers...
:angel:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey going to be coming from cranbrook this weekend where's the best riding area up there? Haven't seen fresh snow in far too long. :(

Kyle's off Saturday Robin (I think this is you???). Give him a call, I'm sure he'd take you somewhere.

Jvl

Reaction score
You mind if I ask your age. Honest question. Just curious. Thanks

Whats does it matter how old I am? Maybe my comments on here are not what you want to hear. And sure it would be nice if there was less traffic out there. No buddy wants to ride stuff that is tracked out. But living in fernie you have to deal with all the out of towners and the things they bring. My income is not effected by Alberta but, there are a lot of people that do. And I can see why they don't like people saying things on here about the bad weather or the poor job the club has done in the past.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wtf does it matter where someone is from, or where they currently live or anything else for that matter?

Why does a postal code of where you reside give you such a sense of entitlement over the next person?

If Coal Creek is so bad and flooded with out of towners, why do you choose to ride there? There are quite a few other areas not accessed from Coal in and around Fernie that offer great terrain and rival that found in many parts of the East Koots. Or are you just not familiar with those areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey going to be coming from cranbrook this weekend where's the best riding area up there? Haven't seen fresh snow in far too long. :(

I rode the Rolling Hills yesterday. The snow is great for exploring but pretty much rock hard with 4-5" of fresh on top. There was lube for the sliders!

Climbing in the trees is easy-peasy but with the hard snow there is no forgiveness. For the most part, IMHO, the fun riding was under the power line hitting wind lips.

MVI_3548.jpg

Top Bottom