Fernie conditions 2014/15

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can only speak for elkford but it's been snow flakes all day here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May have to take a rip down next weekend for a day if you guys get a little snow to ride. Gettin' a hankerin!

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found a few places yesterday to get our buddies 174 stuck pretty good.
The wide angle lens tends to make things look flat. Doesn't even look like a slope in this shot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 311

turbodup

Reaction score
We had our family day ride at wranglers cabin today,great turnout and even some fresh snow to go with it.The evsc would like to thank all the people who came up and participated and also a big thx to foothills silviculture for the awsome groomed trail.we will be hosting another event very soon

guido88gt

Reaction score
Yes, there is still some remaining. It is just a little further off the beaten path and a little less rider friendly!

hey Doug, have not been to fernie yet this yr but heading out tomorrow for a ride. It's pretty pounded out hey?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
hey Doug, have not been to fernie yet this yr but heading out tomorrow for a ride. It's pretty pounded out hey?

I haven't ridden Fernie for a couple weeks. I know that if you know where to look there is still some remaining areas but they are really off the beaten path. The common areas and the ones you can see from the groomed trail are as you say "pounded out".

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a great day ridding yesterday with Ferniesnow. We found lots of untracked snow and a great time. We really didn't take any pictures..... I think Fernie might have taken a few of my stucks.

Me and my group are taking AST 1 today and tomorrow and ridding again on Monday so maybe we can take some video.

The tree ridding here is fantastic, tons of area to ride, and tons of untracked snow.

Thanks for the tour around Doug. 👍

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was pretty warm today, and +13 tomorrow and Monday. So I'm sure the snow will be setting up and getting heavy. Plus it poured rain all last night.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also I was under the assumption both the clubs were playing nice, and had a gentlemen's agreement, I was asked for a donation today at morresey even though I'm a FSA member. ( I know the other club runs this trail and lot) At Christmas the guys at the trail head were cool. They were happy we had memberships at all, today in was told I "had" to make a donation...Whatever, having 2 clubs here is retarded anyways

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Riding today was like riding in April not January.... Lots of untracked area but the snow sucks

It was pretty warm today, and +13 tomorrow and Monday. So I'm sure the snow will be setting up and getting heavy. Plus it poured rain all last night.

It rained right to the top last night but before the rain there was some nice snow. Deeper depending on where one rode; we found 18" of fresh in one area today. At 5800' the crust was very noticeable but as one got higher it wasn't really a concern. By 3:00 the snow was getting pretty sticky.

turbodup

Reaction score
Would you rather we demand money or is asking for a donation too hard.i wish it would snow so people weren't so damn pissy about everything and focus on riding instead of crying on here. It is exactly what we say it is DONATIONS it's not hard

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you couldn't "demand money" unless you own the land?
Would you rather we demand money or is asking for a donation too hard.i wish it would snow so people weren't so damn pissy about everything and focus on riding instead of crying on here. It is exactly what we say it is DONATIONS it's not hard

Top Bottom