Feedback on komodo 1000efi 4x4........

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ANYONE EVER DRIVE THE NEW KOMODO 1000EFI 4X4? OR DOES ANYONE OWN ONE? MY MOM AND HER BETTER HALF, JUST BOUGHT ONE, AND IT IS VERY KOOL, AND THEY ARE FAST!! WONDERING ABOUT THE RELIABILITY FACTOR?

Attachments

• KOMODO.jpg
    KOMODO.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 517

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude....it looks cool, and looks good on paper. 67HP is nothing to sniff at. I assume a Chinese machine though eh? I'd be concerned about fix-it parts....warranty...reliability.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry dude....it looks cool, and looks good on paper. 67HP is nothing to sniff at. I assume a Chinese machine though eh? I'd be concerned about fix-it parts....warranty...reliability.
yeh but you could probably wedge a vw engine into the back of there. woo hoo. lol
sorry dude first i have even heard of one of these.
google it.

• Staff

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ya, it really looks cool and the #'s look good about it...... Will take it for a rip this weekend, i hope. He says it was designed by 4 canadian engineers, then built in china to the engineers specs........ 1x1" square tubing chassis........ Even the 550 quad listed on that website is only $5995.00........looks like a steal of a deal too??

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Ric, if you want bring it down to the GBCA council meeting this weekend and we can test it out on a number of venues to see just how that thing would hold up reliability wise and fit / function.

Ya, it really looks cool and the #'s look good about it...... Will take it for a rip this weekend, i hope. He says it was designed by 4 canadian engineers, then built in china to the engineers specs........ 1x1" square tubing chassis........ Even the 550 quad listed on that website is only $5995.00........looks like a steal of a deal too??

bigrigger

Reaction score
I actually own 2 of the komodo 1000cc buggys and they have great power and pretty much go anywhere you cant drive em. i posted some videos on youtube feel free to check em out
youtube channel is weatherhead1980.
i have ordered parts for them and they usually arrive in 7-12 business days.
warranty is pretty good to. :bike:

pacha041

Reaction score
Hi mate,

I own a 2013 and i took a 5 years warranty so if it break, i won't be left alone. Acctually my rides were around Quebec city in winter. It's amazingly stable, you don't feel the bumps, you don't have so much tork on the start but it can ride pretty fast, i was on icy trail, so i wen't up to 100 kph and i could go faster but i had to go back to work on monday. It's a great machine, it's very confortable, i got mine with the winch and it's a 3000 lbs proof. I wooked up a trailer of 1500 lbs and no problem on short distance.
I got problems with the check engine light and the transmission wich they changed for a new one right away. You got the 2x4 and 4x4 as well with the high and low gear. It's limit for track regulation in Quebec because it's 63 inches wide and the limit here is 1000 cc for the engine.

For the price, it's a great buy and you'll have a lot of fun with it
Have a good ride

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's 2 at the intersection of 2 and 53. Some trailer sales place, I will find out tomorrow.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don Laing Trailers is the dealer for them. I heard they were pretty cool. Contact Dan Garland there, he'll treat you right.

slade420

Reaction score
ive watched some videos of them and they seem decent, they could use some doors tho. the closest dealer to me is like 800km away. if there was one closer, id consider it.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw them at the sportsman show today. don't like the idea of an automotive style belt driven alternator, won't likely hold up to much mud riding. Would probably work well on dry trails and sand though.

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any updates?
i have my rhino on kijiji for trade for a sportier machine...got offered a '13 1000 komodo...look fun, but as stated above...chinese? reliable? parts?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
So my mom and her fiance sold their komodo..... He liked it, but it did have a few issues.... Transmission bearing went a few times, however, it was easy to replace, and he carried a spare with him(bearing is too small for the load placed on it) and also had the radiator replaced(under warranty) and that was about it, other than maintenance..... They put over 10000 kms on it over the 2 years they had it.....

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i posted some videos on youtube feel free to check em out
youtube channel is weatherhead1980.

Is it me or does that steering seem to have way too much play? I've never driven a SxS so is this normal? If I turned the wheel on my truck that much while driving at 50km/h I'd be doing donuts lol!

Top Bottom