Febuary Conditions

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if they got any new snow in the last couple days. I've been watching the weather network but i'm just having a hard time comprehending this snow situation:mad:. We're heading up this week-end and would like to get a decent ride in.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we havnt got much for fresh snow lately. A little bit here and there. But thereis still soft stuff to be found in thetrees and such a guy just has to look for it. They are calling for a some snow in the next coupole of days. The other side of things is it's great for exploring right now as we've had great blue sky days so it's made for some good rides.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to venture out from the cabin area to find untouched, but the guys are finding untouched but not deep snow and are burning a tank of fuel each day.
not dissapointed in the last 3 days of riding but for sure not the deep stuff that we are used to.
snow in the forcast for next 3 days.
going to have Hotrod(groomer) start putting on his snow line the amount of fresh at the cabins when he is up there with his groomer. lately it would say, no fresh last nite.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming out there March 27 weekend. I would think that March should bring some new snow. Regardless, we'll have a great time. Its still the mountains!!

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just arrived at Hotrods he just finished grooming Renshaw. Said it was -11 and snowing very hard at the cabin. Hopefully it keeps it up. Will post pics over the next couple of days. Higgins.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how is the parking lot holding out? is it still muddy,coming out tomorrow night to sled fri-sat

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just arrived at Hotrods he just finished grooming Renshaw. Said it was -11 and snowing very hard at the cabin. Hopefully it keeps it up. Will post pics over the next couple of days. Higgins.

Ohhhh man i hope it keeps snowing, we'll be up there Friday night riding Renshaw Sat & Sun. Please keep us posted with Pics. Thanks.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today, it's trying really hard to snow but it'll snow hard for 10-20 mins then blow off. So in the trees and gulleys 6-8" and in the open 2-4". But you can still have fun! Made a tour from the cabin around to the anthills playing in the creeks and trees behind the cabin. Hotrod had a little carnage, falling off his sled and whacking a tree. Plus we got ourselves into a couple of jackpots, felt more like a weight room workout that a sled rip but still had a good ride. Higgins.

Attachments

• 100OLYMP 001.jpg
    100OLYMP 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 100OLYMP 003.jpg
    100OLYMP 003.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 100OLYMP 008.jpg
    100OLYMP 008.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 73

wangdoo800

Reaction score
Way to go hot , Dougy would be proud of you..
I hear theres a party there tomorrow, I think miss marko will have her leopard skins on.
Normy you better get that clutch fixed cause I feel a spankin coming on.
See you in about 12 hours

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up for an afternoon ride. Clutch issues held things up. Overcast but no tracks, good time. Now the last pic...well thats what happens when you cut the corner real sharp on an icy trail and loose your balance. Only thing hurt was my pride. Higgins.

Attachments

• Teare Feb. 001.jpg
    Teare Feb. 001.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Teare Feb. 010.jpg
    Teare Feb. 010.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Teare Feb. 004.jpg
    Teare Feb. 004.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 55

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, woke up this morning to snow on the hills and it is still snowing. boys are going up so will have first hand info on the amount at the end of today.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Bell yesterday -- my oldest son's first trip to the mountains (he's 12). Had a great day! 6" - 8" of fresh snow made for a perfect first day for him! (Insert proud Father moment here:)) The best day I've ever had in the mountains and have been waiting for this for a long time. Black clouds were rolling in down the valley on our way back to Jasper. Snow baby snow! Down side -- I forgot my d*mn camera!!! However, my nephew took some photos with his phone, so I'll post them when I get them. :beer:

Top Bottom