February 2010 Sicamous Conditions

BOONDOCKINDAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant seem to find any real updates of conditions. any rode sicamous this weekend??? any fresh??? whats the deal??? thanx in advance:beer::beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Feb 12- We were at Blue lake. Very socked in and it was snowing quite a bit. Trail up was good and there was snow from the beginning. Couldn't go much further than the cabin as I had some sled issues with my fuel pump, or I thought it was. So we headed back to town, replaced the pump and took for another trip, it was snowing very heavy we were heading up to owls head. There you had to go up to the second parking lot at 5 km up the trail. Some people parked at 7 km. It was getting too dark and still had some issues so we headed home.

Feb 13 - Headed up from cabin where we were staying just past firehall at Mara lake. The trail there was mud and gravel to about 3 km then it was ice till about 5 km then snow. We rode through owlshead and gord and Sydney cabins. There was average 1 foot powder with the odd areas with more.
We used all our fuel so we had a great day.

Feb 14 - Off up the trail again, riding on gravel and mud till about 5 k , then ice for a bit. But well worth it. We got to the skyline and headed the back ways to the Gord and Sydney cabin and we had an epic day found some great powder, most of the day it was coming over the hood, couldn't even keep the goggles clean. Sled ran great. I climbed a steep little hill in the back country 1/2 way up it avied, scared the crap out of me, on the way back down there was huge chunks of snow, I hit one, it was a tree, just a small one. I did a nice acrobatic manuver over the handle bars. Yee haa. The snow was great up at higher altitudes. But visibility was really bad. Had to play in the trees, that was a hoot. It was even funnier when one of the newbies we were with rode into a large tree well. That took about an hour to get him out. Snowseeker had missed a great ride, one of his coils failed and he stayed behind. It was snowing quite good above and raining below so they'll be some great sledding.

There was alot of avalanche activity and sluffing. I was on a small area with a small hill just checking out this area and suddenly the ground dropped about 8" and there was a 2-3" crack. It was ready to slide. I got the heck out of there. Seen some guys himarking on a very avy prone hill that allready avied once and looked like it was going to again. Couldn't watch, it was just a matter of time before that comes down. I heard there was a avy in Eagles, not sure any thing on that and hope everyone was ok.

In Revy it was snowing good till about 40 k past, in Golden it was dry below. It wasn't snowing again till about 50k outside of golden.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feb 13 - Headed up from cabin where we were staying just past firehall at Mara lake. The trail there was mud and gravel to about 3 km then it was ice till about 5 km then snow. .
If I stage down there is there a booth or a place to pick up a day pass?

el hefe

Reaction score
Anyone have an update on Eagles Pass? Looking for info on the access road.

Thanks,

Ryan

kudroc2

Reaction score
Just got back from Sicamous. There is absolutely no snow in the town which is odd and makes it difficult for staging.

We rode Quest on March 1st and 4th. You have to drive to km 4.5 before you see any snow whatsoever, this is the best spot for staging and only area we could turn around with 4 place trailer. We couldnt go any further even if we wanted to as road get very steep n icy. The riding was good we found a lot of untouched snow in trees and meadow however with warm conditions snow was somewhat sticky. Avalanche conditions at high risk. We saw several plus triggered a small one in the small play area.

We rode Blue Lake March 2nd and you can drive right to km 7 where trail begins, lots of room for 4 place provided not to many trucks. Blue lake was really tracked up around cabin but we found some great snow in meadows and trees, and we had tons of sun.

We rode Owlshead on March 3rd. We stopped at km 4.5 to unload this was the only spot we could turn trailer around and it was very tight and only room for one truck n trailer. If you are pulling a 2 place or deck you can go further up and have many more options for staging.

We couldn't get into Eagle Pass with our 4 place only small trailers or deck access.

All in all great trip just give yourself more time for staging as access roads are bumpy and tight especially if you are pulling a 4 place.
ck

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still riding here. Snow line is 900M. Parking at 8.5KM for decks on Owlhead, trailers at 7K. Good snow and lot's of places to play safe.
Quest 6K for large trailers and 6.5K for decks.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got to the skyline and headed the back ways to the Gord and Sydney cabin and we had an epic day found some great powder, most of the day it was coming over the hood, couldn't even keep the goggles clean.

Once you come up on to skyline which way do you go to hit the trail into Gord and Sydney?

honky

Reaction score
Went up Kingficher today, recommend diving up to first cattle guard to unload. Rode to Stash and on to the Owls head cabin for lunch. Snowing and windy winter is here, heading back on Sunday hope for a good dump before then. There was about 2-3 feet.

ktownsumx

Reaction score
Any new snow to report at Blue Lake ect? Looking forward to some riding closer than Revy

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sticky is for last years conditions. Look 2-3 posts down for the 2011/2012 conditions.

Basically all the areas there need snow...lots of it. I undercovered rocks this year where I hadn't uncovered them in the past.

honky

Reaction score
Any one been up Queest? If so what km are they unloading?
Went up Kingficher today, recommend diving up to first cattle guard to unload. Rode to Stash and on to the Owls head cabin for lunch. Snowing and windy winter is here, heading back on Sunday hope for a good dump before then. There was about 2-3 feet.

honky

Reaction score
TTT

Any condition reports for Hunters, Owls, Queest or Blue Lake?????

honky

Reaction score
Sorry guys just realized that was my last years post. So Nov 11/12 this year we drove up to 23km unloaded in about 8" and got a big surprise with 2-3' of solid base and 12-18" on top to play in. It was a great day even got in some climbs and powder shots.

Top Bottom