Favorite riding areas

K2 Hauler

Reaction score
Almost all our camping and riding is around Hinton and Cadomin areas. Ruby Falls is a favorite and still need to break in the toy hauler out there next spring.

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, i just heard about this location today and was wandering how to get there and where to camp, usually go with a group of four to six trailers

K2 Hauler

Reaction score
Ruby falls, 2.5 hours west of Edmonton. Go west of Edson than south to Robb on HWY 40 I believe. After Robb, Pavement ends and can keep travelling south towards Nordegg, if you take this way, you would turn right (just before and on top of hill before Brazeau river bridge) to gravel road leading to SMALL BOYS INDIAN CAMP, once through the camp, it is about another 15 mins up the road to GRAVE FLATS, this is the general staging area for the main trail to Ruby Falls and is generally where we camp, also with 6 or more trailers at a time. A better way is what is known as the PR road, you can hit this road by turning towards Cadomin after passing Robb, big sign. travel up gravel road 10-15 mins, can't remember KMS right now, but should be sign, turn left on PR road and follow to end (cross roads) hang right for 5 mins and arrive at Grave Flats, plenty of other areas along road to camp. I've got a good fishing map of the area that all the roads quite well. Can also go through Cadomin and around mountain park, but this way was always quite hard on equipment, especially Trailers and from what I've been told from locals is worse now. Cheers.

Jordan

Reaction score
Further to Ruby Falls and how to get there. The Pembina river road is to me the best bet. It is sound enough to use in all weather conditions. I beleive it is 39 kilometers from the turnoff off the road to cadomin. The grave flats road has been refinished in the last year and is fantastic to the Mountain Park staging area only. Once you get further up the road to the Great divide trailers encounter approx. 2 miles of very steep, rocky and windy road. I have seen it done by some at very slow speeds when the weather is dry. Since we have had heavy snowfall this year stick to the PR. The headwaters camp area will accomodate any number of trailers in group on a first come first serve basis. The Alexis Cardinal Reserve area also has bush camp sites en mass. Beleive it or not you can get area maps from fish and wildlife in Edson. If you abide by the rules and meet them on the trail they are only to happy to give out copies. This is some of the best riding in Alberta.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah don't go over the divide to get to ruby falls do what K2 hauler and jordan says.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well you might have a point if you call 125 km close.

The brazeau river is just after the small boys reseveration turnoff, you cross the pembina river than take a right to nordegg than you'll drive fo 10 min than start down a long steep hill and than your'll crossing the braz river and the brazeau campground is on the otherside.
The brazeau dam is near drayton valley isn't it. I just ment your close to the brazeau river.

Top Bottom