Favorite place to ride

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Hi guys my brother, his wife, and myself ride this area once or twice each year and we normally ride at window mountain, barnes at corbin and around york (places like the plane crash). I was just wondering what some of your favorite places to ride in the area are. we are coming out on the 26th and may be doing some adventureing this time. we are avid riders but not the best so if you have any suggestions for us it would be greatly appreaciated.

thiels2

Reaction score
Hi guys my brother, his wife, and myself ride this area once or twice each year and we normally ride at window mountain, barnes at corbin and around york (places like the plane crash). I was just wondering what some of your favorite places to ride in the area are. we are coming out on the 26th and may be doing some adventureing this time. we are avid riders but not the best so if you have any suggestions for us it would be greatly appreaciated.

You could try out Elkford very good area but very avy prone in spots... 4 major runouts along the trail and high risk in the basins but tons of meadows and tree riding as well. Never had a ride there and not found fresh snow.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All my favorite spots are just that, small spots.
like a few up blueberry or behind the new coal creek cabin. Fernie has so much good riding you just need to find it.

Also love Harvey, but I ride there mostly in June.

Newfie1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mentioned Barnes Just wondering if you have gone over the hill in to Limestone, that is one of the best spots in that area for safe, fun riding. hill climbing, tree riding, or open playing it's all in there. No avy worries with in that bowel.

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions guys if anyone is gonna be in the area on the 26-31 and wanna go for a ride shoot me a message and maybe we can hook up.

trooper

Reaction score
i keep hearing about the plane crash in the crowsnest area. was thinking of heading out that way this year. does anyone have any pointers on where camp / ride ? we have never been riding this far south so any info is a big help.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to quadsquad.ca they have all the details on trails in that area. You can check out my vid on you tube dakota crash site the header pic is the tail section. We stayed at lost lemon camp ground full hookups. The debris wont be out of the snow till aug sept time. Watch my vid beautiful day +20 and at the site snow

Last edited:

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the way when your in that area stop at the "Stop Inn" and pick up a Spanky. Its not what you think its a goggle wipe with all the trails north and south of the highway on it. Trails are numbered and there are corresponding signs at the trails. They are done by the crow snow riders.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sore crotch,the unforgivens, mcdonald creek,pollock and gardner creek,Harvey pass 29 mile, mount doupe, inverted ridge,cabin and storm creek,trachyte ridge just to name a few haha

Top Bottom