Farmer talk

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First year growing lentils Fred. How deep can you seed those bad boys?

They aren’t quite as forgiving as peas, but can be seeded pretty deep. Just checked ours yesterday and they are starting to come through.

Ken, what’s your spray guy putting down in front of the lentils? Straight glyphosate? We put Valtera down.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They aren’t quite as forgiving as peas, but can be seeded pretty deep. Just checked ours yesterday and they are starting to come through.

Ken, what’s your spray guy putting down in front of the lentils? Straight glyphosate? We put Valtera down.
I think the plan is glyphosate but no sprayer yet. He is behind because of all the wind. I hope he makes it here before the lentils pop through.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I started it was wet and put them in at canola deep, but as time went on it went deeper to 1.5 inches.. pretty sure 2 inches could work.. warm ground will make them pop quick.. 10days after I bet

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pasta making weekend.. need moisture soon, be my first time ever seeding my own land in may.. out of 42years.. big heat in summer can take out a big number on this crop

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on needing moisture. We are 2 to 3 weeks ahead on our spring work and its dry. Most of our stuff is popped out of the ground. Just wrapping up some barley in the next couple days.

On a bright note it looks like it is going to give us a little drink.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton Red Deer corridor is supposed to get hammered in next couple days with intense rain they said. That was the system they said week and a half ago was supposed to give us 75 mm. Now we are forecasted to get 1mm. FML.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Peas are going in today and tomorrow. Close to half done by tomorrow night. Doesn't look like rain is gonna stop us as all but disappeared for next 2 weeks.:(

wheels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This spring has the same feel as last year. Lots of wind and the 5-7 day forecast always had rain in it but by the time those days came it was pushed back another 5-7 days. Never got the big rains. Sure hope we can get a good crop this year the industry needs it lots of ag business and farmers on shaky ground. Safe spring planting everyone hope for bumper crop.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You get any rain Johnny? We got about 3/4 inch last night and today. Huge!!!!

Not a drop here. We could really use one soon. Going to attempt to spray today as peas and barley are getting close to poking out. This is also the first year in at least 25 that we have not seeded one single acre of canola.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a drop here. We could really use one soon. Going to attempt to spray today as peas and barley are getting close to poking out. This is also the first year in at least 25 that we have not seeded one single acre of canola.
How come? Rotation or price?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the best way to kickstart the season. IMG_2048.jpg

Top Bottom