Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
video circulating on Facebook of a flunky passed out in tractor with bottle of hootch on floor beside him and looks like the Air Drill wing has tried to enter the cab as window are all busted and cab is bent down. Big outfit. Owner or whoever took video of the guy sleeping seemed to be trying to control his breathing like he may be the owner lol

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys in these parts are putting anhydrous down this week, I suspect the bigger acre guys will be starting seed next week... supposed to freeze pretty hard sunday and monday evening.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Case sprayer looks like my nephews rig. If it was down by Coalhurst or Barons could be. He sprays for Groenbooms down there. You know them Johnny?

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple of days left! Have a day of canola left and day of lentils.

Attachments

• BDAC5774-2AEB-453A-9FD9-580566F9D2D2.jpg
    BDAC5774-2AEB-453A-9FD9-580566F9D2D2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 104

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are very dry here.. not to impressed with may seeding.. wind dried out dirt so quick there seams to be a lot of seed laying in the dry, or even where it germinated and than the roots could not grab moisture quick enough and now dead.. we have had nothing for moisture and every day just windddd.. looking to be a fourth consecutive drought year.. playing a big tole on a guy.. few guys quit seeding I was told

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are very dry here.. not to impressed with may seeding.. wind dried out dirt so quick there seams to be a lot of seed laying in the dry, or even where it germinated and than the roots could not grab moisture quick enough and now dead.. we have had nothing for moisture and every day just windddd.. looking to be a fourth consecutive drought year.. playing a big tole on a guy.. few guys quit seeding I was told

That is a crappy situation having stuff germinate and die. Don't envy your position at all. I have always liked seeding as it is typically the most optimistic time of the season. Not the case when you can't get your crop through the ground.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hang in there fred. I had this happen 3 years ago and had crop insurance in to see if it was cutworms as half the crop never come out of the ground. He dug around and found the treated seeds sitting in dry dirt with a short sprout off the ends. I asked him if he thought the seed would live and he had no answer. Then we got 6/10" rain a week later and everything filled in and got some timely rains and had a 55 bu wheat crop at harvest. Had to do a pre harvest to even everything up for the combine but was pretty shocked and happy to get some nice crops.

Top Bottom