Farmer talk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Benefits I see of triples, are wet areas, they will pull much more, the tracks do t even let you get To the real wet spots to get ugly stucks happen, more efficient hp, less power loss threw drive train, better mileage, 60k cheaper

Benifits of tracks are no power hop on big hills, power to ground, and much smaller in shed, less flat tires.. can't get stuck bad.., ride smooth

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of all the tractors this one is hard to get rid of. This got a bigger radiator after bigger injectors and turning the pump up. Does sip fuel 80% of the time.

I remember figuring out that what I actually got for it compared to what I sold it for.. it cost me 40$/hr to use tractor.. but I still wish I kept it..

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Benefits I see of triples, are wet areas, they will pull much more, the tracks do t even let you get To the real wet spots to get ugly stucks happen, more efficient hp, less power loss threw drive train, better mileage, 60k cheaper

Benifits of tracks are no power hop on big hills, power to ground, and much smaller in shed, less flat tires.. can't get stuck bad.., ride smooth
When quads go down....they go Down. Had a couple wet springs in a row. We had to dig out several with excavators. One of the neighbors to the west had to leave theirs for a couple weeks while harrowing before it could be successfully retrieved.

This was able to be pulled out pretty easily. But their ability to float on soft stuff is quite impressive.

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just about got a quad last time. But then one of my friends told me if I can stay with triples and make it work for what I want to pull do it. He said I would not like the maintenance bill of dragging equipment around from field to field. Since it can be up to a 35 mile move one way down the road.

No power hop would be nice. But right now it's very minimal after getting air pressures and weights set right. But it's still there. No flats or deer sheds punctures would also be sweet.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I had some decent power hop on big hills when it was pulling hard and rpm under 1600rpm, in triples if I could gear down. And make it Rev.. it was manageable.. found the best tire pressure to be the 8lbs, but then any ugly rut it hole it fell in, could take off the bead.. but hop was very decent at that.. anybody that seen it always said add air.. but I kept it at that.. tbt cart always had decent weight on hitch to help.. quad now drives like a cadalac all the time.. very smooth other than driving across a barries boulder.. vibe rates like crazy

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok. I run 5 lbs on the front and 9lbs on the rears. Sometimes 6/10 at max. Anything more than that and the ride and traction suffers from my experience. I Really notice overinflation trying to stick to the side hills. Never had an issue with rolling them off the bead or anything like that. Even though I though for sure I would have.

That's no joke though. Everyone tells me ,hey your tires are flat! And want to air em up to look like a bias ply.

Yeah the quads are pretty sweet. That planted feeling is nice when its steep, being smooth all the while is an added bonus.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did some water runs today with double disc. Was an easy day. A lot better than 2 years ago. Had to get a Cat in to do some landscaping on my hilly land. Some of the runs were 6 ft deep

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are getting g pretty dry here not far off of powder in track marks.. set drill deeper again a turn it looks

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My fam quarantine help is nice to see... been not so excited about lentil inoculate thou..
0d72a1fe198a66bda53a529c8d952b7b.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those twin tracks are useless. Neighbour bought one and hated it in a day. Everytime he would turn he would lose traction pulling his airdrill. Created a lot of bad feelings with the local Deere dealer as he instructed them to find one for him and they brought this one in from Louisiana. He didn't like it and wanted them to take it back. They did but he lost his azz on that deal big time.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neighbor has a few, I've seen them have issues where they will not turn around a slu where one track has more traction than the other, pull them right into it.. but was told they had good traction on dry dirt.. those new fendt are pretty balenced for pull.. but would Never think that they hold back the heavier two track

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ehh not a fan of the rubber bands. Deere or cat. Theres still a few die hards around here. But they can't pull. Especially on hill sides and turning on hills. But that fendt was pretty Interesting. None of them around our area.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Hutts west of me have a couple at least. Only ever seen them pulling a pea roller or a chit spreader with them

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hows seeding going? We didn’t spray yet so going to try to spray before the crop pokes up. The wind has been horrible every day here.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm actually starting up on lentils tomorrow. We are already dry here especially in pea stubble as have been working up some water runs. Not much for spraying around here either Johnny. Saw one going yesterday afternoon but every other day we have been getting hurricanes.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4d8eb6ecb5f7556dd4b528ac78f60395.jpg

Just loaded up and thank god this wind has let up, drill deeper another turn and swapped over to wheat.. lentils done.. very dry here

Top Bottom