Farmer talk

crosroads

Reaction score
Pics were taken today. Canola is seeded at 3.3 lbs into alfalfa stubble that I sprayed last sept. with round up and 2-4D. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339187583.789278.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339187769.507722.jpg

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the color of green Zeebers. Its calming....................................until you have to pay for it. Lol.

crosroads

Reaction score
Not sure how old the stand was... It's a field I just bought last year. It was seeded with a seed master drill. Seeded about a week before pic was taken.

crosroads

Reaction score
05?? Seed master 3010. 30 foot 10 inch spacing. Two onboard tanks with 140 bus capacity each and a onboard 400 gal tank for liquid phos. Pull it all with a 150 horse tractor. Drill is for sale if any one is interested.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a little warning for everyone on here about Chevron grease.. We have been using Esso EP2 grease in our drill for 4 years with no wheel bearing or any any other greasable surface troubles. This year the grease was discontinued and was replaced with Chevron Moly with 3% EP2. To make a long story short we had lost 4 mid row banders and two walking axle bearings after 2500 acres. Plus about a dozen loose bearings on the packer wheels. After replacing the bearings that were shot and tightening up the loose ones we went to JD poly urea and filled all the bearings and pushed out the Chevron grease. After that we never had another bearing problem on the next 2500 acres. We still have 4 packer wheel bearings that are loose again. Not to bad considering we were looking at 66 packers and 33 mid rows to replace bearings in.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would post a little warning for everyone on here about Chevron grease.. We have been using Esso EP2 grease in our drill for 4 years with no wheel bearing or any any other greasable surface troubles. This year the grease was discontinued and was replaced with Chevron Moly with 3% EP2. To make a long story short we had lost 4 mid row banders and two walking axle bearings after 2500 acres. Plus about a dozen loose bearings on the packer wheels. After replacing the bearings that were shot and tightening up the loose ones we went to JD poly urea and filled all the bearings and pushed out the Chevron grease. After that we never had another bearing problem on the next 2500 acres. We still have 4 packer wheel bearings that are loose again. Not to bad considering we were looking at 66 packers and 33 mid rows to replace bearings in.

Bourgault drill?

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Did you notice if both types claimed to be intended for bearings? It seems to be getting harder and harder to find tubes that actually claim to be for bearings on the side of the tube. We usually run 2 different greases - one for bearings and another for pins and bushings type thing. The one that doesn't mention bearings seems to break down and becomes 'watery' very quickly.

pwdrhnd

Reaction score
Yes it is a bourgault drill. 3310. The chevron grease says for extreme pressure heavy duty applications, bearings and sliding surfaces.

Top Bottom