Farmer talk

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am away at work and was just wanting an up date on the haying situation back home near Thorsby? are guys cutting yet? and how wet are the fields still?

Nope. No one is making hay, still to wet

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed Flexifingers on my combine last year. A bit pricey but made a difference.

When it comes to a tangled up mess, patience is all that works!

It's so wet, if it keeps this up well have fun in the fields with the combines and trucks, so we will have enough to worry about without the litters lol

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much rain has everyone got so far?I'm a hour and a half northwest of Edmonton and I lost track after 14 inches!I still have about 200 acres of barley to be planted(should have been in the ground in June)definately green feed or silage now!I wouldn't even bother at all if I hadn't paid the rent already!!!There is water sitting where there shouldn't be any!!Now I got to try and get my hay cut too!!

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well let's see, we have been getting lots of rain every day, so I would damn near that too

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody get their ballot card for the CWB plebisite on the single desk system. How you voting?

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was gonna go make bales. But it started to rain on the way to the field. Should go back to bed.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay would have been ready to bale this afternoon but rained last night and is raining now!!!Not sure when to cut any more down!!!Must be wet,even the coffee shop farmers in town are saying they never seen it this wet!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay would have been ready to bale this afternoon but rained last night and is raining now!!!Not sure when to cut any more down!!!Must be wet,even the coffee shop farmers in town are saying they never seen it this wet!!

I hear ya. We should have been baling all night last night. It was windy so it would have gone. Hindsight is 20-20.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least everyone is in the same boat this year!No pun intended but usually someone is bone dry while someone else is drowning!I don't mention farming around my town friends because then they start with the whiney farmer routine!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least everyone is in the same boat this year!No pun intended but usually someone is bone dry while someone else is drowning!I don't mention farming around my town friends because then they start with the whiney farmer routine!!

HAHA I hear ya. Thankfully most of my friends are also farmers.

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAHA I hear ya. Thankfully most of my friends are also farmers.

Same boat, I can't stand them whining and complaining when they don't even know what theyer talking about, and when they don't know the difference between a tractor and a combine.... Now that's just bad

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same boat, I can't stand them whining and complaining when they don't even know what theyer talking about, and when they don't know the difference between a tractor and a combine.... Now that's just bad

I have a friend that had no clue. She asked why we need farmers. I asked her where bread comes from. She said "the store". She had no clue.

sent from my android

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well didnt you know Food is made in china, just like everything else lol

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that had no clue. She asked why we need farmers. I asked her where bread comes from. She said "the store". She had no clue.

sent from my android

My buddies second wife didn't have a clue either!He was going out to plug in the areation fans and she thought that he had a row of fans at the end of the field to dry the swaths!Also she thought that the grain would leak out of the holes in the side of the trailer when the truck was hauling!Just had to explain to her there was a different trailer for grain and one for hauling cattle!!!!He should have listened to me to f her and chuck her because she got half the farm money and now he lives in town doing construction work!!!Gotta love gold diggers!!

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one citiot tried telling me off when I told him the difference between a 7 bottom plow and a disk ripper, he said the disk was the plow and he didn't know what the "plow" was lol, like seriously, I'm a farmer, your a city-ot I know my chit!!!

Top Bottom