Farmer talk

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You definitely can yourself. I forget where exactly. ( dad just did his as he upgraded b4 start of yr ) Any competent jd mechanic should be able to walk you thru or where it is

All these newer ones burning why doesn’t someone want to buy the 9770 we have for sale.
Need a operator and I’d buy header and run 4 since not selling

You think the new ones are worse for fires? I’m thrilled that the s670 fuel tank is metal.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You think the new ones are worse for fires? I’m thrilled that the s670 fuel tank is metal.
Maybe they have the fire issues ironed out on these. Screenshot_20200901-113434_Snapchat.jpg

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised they went back to the cooling vent instead of the bubble shroud that on the STS and S models? Plugged rads again?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yes they are if the fan isn’t turned up. It’s a bulletin from Deere. Dealers know about it but sometimes the odd one slips thru.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that isn't your Deere?

Sorry to see your loss, almost was the same thing here, day it hit 37c and 40k winds.. with in minutes of going up.. exhaust canister for def has dust ambers that fall to straw under it, took us 6 hrs to keep from ignition, fires poping up all over, stress full day

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nephew had a small fire last night on lentils at about midnight. Lucky they stopped for fuel and smelt the straw burning on the exhaust. Just pure luck

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see your loss, almost was the same thing here, day it hit 37c and 40k winds.. with in minutes of going up.. exhaust canister for def has dust ambers that fall to straw under it, took us 6 hrs to keep from ignition, fires poping up all over, stress full day
That's why both of my combines got deleted.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they remove the big canister on a delete?, I have def be gone on it but canister is still there, heard of four other 40
Series with similar fire problems

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they remove the big canister on a delete?, I have def be gone on it but canister is still there, heard of four other 40
Series with similar fire problems
No but my egt's came way down.
You can put your hand on the outside of the canister now.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the hay situation like this year? Lots of supply or gonna be shortages out there?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta be lots I'm thinking with all the rain in the province this year. Some of the northern stuff may be poor quality

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red ones starting fires in our area as well. I think they will all burn up no matter the color. Anything new that has emission crap on them will start a fire if the conditions are right.

Top Bottom