Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had 7 fires in our county that I know of Johnny. 3 were out of control at one point. Everyone up here now has discs and water trucks parked in the fields this year. Happy harvesting!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run Deere guidance systems and have been pretty happy with them overall. My cousins run Trimble and always seem to be having issues with them. My cousin seeded 10,000 acres last year freestyle as he had no auto tracking and Case couldn't figure it out for him.
Put in my own rtk base station over LTE, been working awesome.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It happens fast. The fuel tank lit up and luckily my dad was by the disk and got out there fast to stop the fire from spreading. Some neighbours showed up quickly with water tanks as well which I’m very thankful for.

That sucks.... sorry to see that happen to you....hopefully you come up with other means to get your crop off.....

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good
We got a new leftover 15 ‘ Deere few yrs back. Well first 2 days it was on fire 4 times!!!
Turns out some genius figured you could save fuel by using the variable speed engine fan when it doesn’t need cooling you slow it down to 500 rpm then back up when it calls for based on water temp!! You can guess what that does when it slows down lets all that dust and chaff sit in the engine bay then blow it out all over the place.
Then we get run around saying Deere doesn’t warranty fire damages. When it’s their programming that causes it
Took a few calls and threat of registered letter to get results
Doesn’t help your burnt combine but something to check on new one. You can go in screen and set engine fan speed low limit. We crank them up to minimum 1800 max is 2300 I believe.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe the new Deeres have a supercharger fan that is directed at the engine bay to keep it clean? Still newer Deeres burning up though. 2 of the fires this year from combines were related to static electricity I heard. Guys are starting to hang heavy chains off the rear axle again like back in the day

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not good
We got a new leftover 15 ‘ Deere few yrs back. Well first 2 days it was on fire 4 times!!!
Turns out some genius figured you could save fuel by using the variable speed engine fan when it doesn’t need cooling you slow it down to 500 rpm then back up when it calls for based on water temp!! You can guess what that does when it slows down lets all that dust and chaff sit in the engine bay then blow it out all over the place.
Then we get run around saying Deere doesn’t warranty fire damages. When it’s their programming that causes it
Took a few calls and threat of registered letter to get results
Doesn’t help your burnt combine but something to check on new one. You can go in screen and set engine fan speed low limit. We crank them up to minimum 1800 max is 2300 I believe.

Thanks. We got a 2014 s670. Hope I can change it.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You definitely can yourself. I forget where exactly. ( dad just did his as he upgraded b4 start of yr ) Any competent jd mechanic should be able to walk you thru or where it is

All these newer ones burning why doesn’t someone want to buy the 9770 we have for sale.
Need a operator and I’d buy header and run 4 since not selling

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
c89db75fef8ccff937e45b2387ce81d2.gif

Top Bottom