Farmer talk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody need a Grain Bagger? $38500 new last year with approx 100000 bus through it.

Attachments

• rsz_img_2416.jpg
    rsz_img_2416.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 225

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have gotten lucky and received rain too. On sat we had big downpour at my place. Over 1” in 30min. But 1/2 mile to west was bone dry. Half the land got it
Rained again yesterday with 1”++ and currently drizzling
Lots of areas haven’t got tho. Spotty year again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy I know has already called crop insurance south of Lomond. Wheat is heading out about 6-8 inches high and turning yellow already,

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We finally got rain still got some really dry land that still hasnt came outta the ground but its germinating now crops are literatlly 3 weeks behind but we have a chance of a crop again if the white combine doesnt get us on the back 9.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crazy weather this year.
Dry April/May, now we are sitting at 14" of rain on the season.
Spray plane booked.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been very quiet in this thread. Whats everybody doing? We are thinking in the next couple weeks to desiccate. Crops here are late in respect to last year. Our Canola is at risk of frost damage if things dont progress soon. Very heavy thick crops with all the rain. Kinda wish I could have shared.

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Here in Manitoba, we have many areas in full harvest mode. Canola, HRS, fall rye, all in the bin, even saw flax turning! yields are fair enuf considering the lack of rain. Soybeans still a bit away along with edible beans and sunnys . no one here will complain if we have a delay due to rain. at work we have had less than 3" of rain all year

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here in Manitoba, we have many areas in full harvest mode. Canola, HRS, fall rye, all in the bin, even saw flax turning! yields are fair enuf considering the lack of rain. Soybeans still a bit away along with edible beans and sunnys . no one here will complain if we have a delay due to rain. at work we have had less than 3" of rain all year

Wish we could give you some. We had a inch again on Monday, this is getting old. Never got a summer here, ive used my furnace more in july and August than I ever had.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just about done the peas here. It will be a quick harvest as barley, lentils and wheat is close to combining. Canola has a ways yet. Happy we have no army worms as traps the county put out had huge moth numbers this late spring. We are about 2.6 inches total rainfall since April 15 is all.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just about done the peas here. It will be a quick harvest as barley, lentils and wheat is close to combining. Canola has a ways yet. Happy we have no army worms as traps the county put out had huge moth numbers this late spring. We are about 2.6 inches total rainfall since April 15 is all.

How were your peas ken? We are probably around the 3.5 to 4 inch mark. I noticed the Viper was really hard on them this year. Some of our dryland peas did 9bu/ac. Irrigation was pretty lodged, spent a lot of time cleaning the rock trap and the header platform of mud the past couple days.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what do you normally get for rain in your area?

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the Alberta Agricultural and Forestry website, here in Whitecourt we have accumulated 431mm (17") of rain from May 1 to date. Wish we would get half of that moisture starting mid November :Snowmobile1:

Top Bottom