Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put some peas in when the weather was nice. Need to spray pretty soon here but the weather not looking great. The dryland corners are really dry. This last snowstorm did not give us much moisture.
I'm getting nervous as well Johnny. We didn't do a preburn because no weeds were growing and now worried weeds will come same time as peas poke through.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I'm getting nervous as well Johnny. We didn't do a preburn because no weeds were growing and now worried weeds will come same time as peas poke through.

We have 1650ac of Wheat and Durum in the ground. There were some broadleaf weeds, no wild oats or anything but did a pre burn any way. Figured with the low weed germination better off to get the cereal in early then switch to lentils. None of it is out of the ground yet so hopefully it makes it. Seeding the non clearfield green lentils early last year we had russian thistle come in pretty bad. The Solo Ultra suppressed it on the clearfield but it came in after harvest.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The iron is ready, the weather is not hit -8 here last night and snow all day again. We wont roll till the 7th or later and havnt done no preburn either

Attachments

• CA277DB3-D6F7-4F13-8011-C45FAF9D0631.png
    CA277DB3-D6F7-4F13-8011-C45FAF9D0631.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 228

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting pretty scary at 9 dollar canola and i still have alot unmarketed from last fall, this new crop advance will barry alota people on a bad year dont care what size farm u have a million dollar loan is tough to pay back. Alota guys in my areas inputs are 40bushel a acre canola to break even not alota wiggle room at those costs. Wish my rotation would allowed for more wheat this year but it is what it is

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting pretty scary at 9 dollar canola and i still have alot unmarketed from last fall, this new crop advance will barry alota people on a bad year dont care what size farm u have a million dollar loan is tough to pay back. Alota guys in my areas inputs are 40bushel a acre canola to break even not alota wiggle room at those costs. Wish my rotation would allowed for more wheat this year but it is what it is
Yup all the government did today was give the western farmer more rope.

Zero attempt to fix the actual problem.

We need another cash crop to throw into the mix.

You by's that can grow soyabeans are lucky.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

LOL! I would be way more nervous about that new tenant of yours and his shoty new drill!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just say no to JCB... Some of the most aggravating equipment I’ve ever had to work on.

Yeah but these guys get someone else to work on it though. All brand new stuff too, and they dont keep their equipment very long.

How about Fendt? I know people that run those and say they are the best

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
German engineering...?

Started out as a complete German Engineered Tractor. Then they gave Agro an interest in their transmissions. So you can get any Agro made tractor with their transmission in it however Fendt will hold the level of integrity of their products in their hands. At least this is what I understand. So Fendt is still Fendt built and German engineered but sold at Agro Dealers.

Top Bottom