Farmer talk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zero bias in that article.....NOT!!!
?????

Just shows the flip side of how the Americans subsidize their dairy industry.

They are not the subsidy or tariff virgins Trump makes them out to be.

Is system Fawked, yes.

Pull all the funding and tariff and let the market dictate what happens.

Only problem will ever be if the US and Canada go to war.

But that will never happen.........Right?

Last edited:

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?????

Just shows the flip side of how the Americans subsidize their dairy industry.

They are not the subsidy or tariff virgins Trump makes them out to be.

Is system Fawked, yes.

Pull all the funding and tariff and let the market dictate what happens.

Only problem will ever be if the US and Canada go to war.

But that will never happen.........Right?

fawk ‘em - we’re undefeated. :)

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Square wood bins will come back in style

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rumour has it a grower or two had seed to perform tests and when GMO was not approved they were supposed to return the seed and they didn't. Exactly the same thing happened a few years back with flax seed that costed Canada millions in sales to EU markets. If this rumour is true, very dumb move on behalf of this/these individuals.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
things are moving quickly on glyphosate these days. If Canada wants to make sales to other than US markets I see changes will need to be made. I get so many inquiries to source grain and pulses without the use of them. With India closing its borders on Canadian peas/lentils and EU will not accept them with glyphosate it will be interesting. Hope a deal can be made with India quickly.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
things are moving quickly on glyphosate these days. If Canada wants to make sales to other than US markets I see changes will need to be made. I get so many inquiries to source grain and pulses without the use of them. With India closing its borders on Canadian peas/lentils and EU will not accept them with glyphosate it will be interesting. Hope a deal can be made with India quickly.
Are you talking just incrop and dedication?
Or preburn?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at the end of the day all the importer/customs cares about is zero residues. They don't look at timing etc etc just what shows at time of entry into country of destination. It has become a pretty serious issues to the point that so far this year I have spent close to 10 grand on lab testing for glyphosate. We shipped a large quantity of yellow peas to China and they processed them into pea protein, power and fibre then reexported to Japan, EU and N.America. After processing etc the Europeans still found traces and cancelled their order.

Are you talking just incrop and dedication?
Or preburn?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at the end of the day all the importer/customs cares about is zero residues. They don't look at timing etc etc just what shows at time of entry into country of destination. It has become a pretty serious issues to the point that so far this year I have spent close to 10 grand on lab testing for glyphosate. We shipped a large quantity of yellow peas to China and they processed them into pea protein, power and fibre then reexported to Japan, EU and N.America. After processing etc the Europeans still found traces and cancelled their order.

I got residue free canola and wheat, keep that in mind.

If you have a list of crops your looking for **** it my way, I'd be interested in getting into more specialty type stuff.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks Dustin and noted. We currently don't handle canola but we could look at your wheat. You have any now?

I got residue free canola and wheat, keep that in mind.

If you have a list of crops your looking for **** it my way, I'd be interested in getting into more specialty type stuff.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just heard another theory that a bird dropped a seed and germinated over time etc etc. Will be interesting the next few days/weeks. Got 3 emails from my Japanese customer all in a panic. Just what Canada needs now!!!

rumour has it a grower or two had seed to perform tests and when GMO was not approved they were supposed to return the seed and they didn't. Exactly the same thing happened a few years back with flax seed that costed Canada millions in sales to EU markets. If this rumour is true, very dumb move on behalf of this/these individuals.

Top Bottom