Farmer talk

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need help again please.

I got a couple of 200 gallon totes, but I'm having ****ty luck trying to find a coin op bulk water station.

I'm in the far SE Calgary, Chestermere is 15 mins away, Langdon 20 mins away..... So I'm thinking there has to be a filling station somewhat near by, for the farmers here.

Any of the search engines I have used, I'm not finding a thing out here. Any help would be appreciated :beer:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need help again please.

I got a couple of 200 gallon totes, but I'm having ****ty luck trying to find a coin op bulk water station.

I'm in the far SE Calgary, Chestermere is 15 mins away, Langdon 20 mins away..... So I'm thinking there has to be a filling station somewhat near by, for the farmers here.

Any of the search engines I have used, I'm not finding a thing out here. Any help would be appreciated :beer:

Obviously I wouldn't know Doug cause I don't live down there but I would suggest asking the retailers. There must be a Fert or chemical dealer close by on the east side.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously I wouldn't know Doug cause I don't live down there but I would suggest asking the retailers. There must be a Fert or chemical dealer close by on the east side.
Thanks Dean, that's a good idea. Also thinking of stopping at a farm on the way to Chestermere this morning and asking a guy, where they get their water?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dean, that's a good idea. Also thinking of stopping at a farm on the way to Chestermere this morning and asking a guy, where they get their water?
Call the county office.
Or follow a farm truck with water tanks on it lol.

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deatails on this Barn please! How big? How many birds? Have had 30K broilers and 22K Breaders ( separate times) and my dad runs a table egg operation.... I miss the farm!
Barns are 65’x400. Hold around 50000 birds in each barn. Every 8 weeks there’s a new flock.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will Canada write cheaques to dairies if supply management ends?

“This isn’t policy, it’s personal,” Bratt said. “Do I think we should have supply management? Absolutely not, it’s economically distorting, it increases the price of milk and dairy products. I think Canada would be willing, listening to some of the comments of Trudeau, to discuss that. The problem is how do you discuss that today in response to some of the very over-heightened rhetoric by Trump and his advisors?”

Kamps said Trudeau is right to defend Canada’s supply management system, “which has worked well for 60 years.”

“Knowing the dairy industry, we know that a very small oversupply is devastating to prices,” he said. “It gives a fair price to the farmers, we don’t overproduce where we have to dump milk and we have a fair price at the stores and a guaranteed supply. If Trudeau sacrificed something like this, it would be devastating to Canadian dairy farmers because we’ve built our whole systems knowing that we would get a fair price into the future. You set up your financing for that. It would be if your bank or something took your mortgage and changed it.”

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1528722616

Last edited:

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the Canadian dairy industry is suddenly really paying attention to Trump, he has his eyes set on supply management, would think dairy and poultry producers are thrilled.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because the banks have heavily financed these operations coast to coast and what do they do with farmers who have paid out millions in quotas. There will be a lot of operations hit hard. Over time it will eventually improve but I don't think any politician on either party is willing to stick their neck out on this one. But then again, we could possibly end up in the state of the US dairy industry with over production etc etc.

What I don't get is why are the Canadian politicians so afraid of getting rid of the cartel?

This is their easy out, Trump made them do it.

https://www.therebel.media/ezra_levant_show_june_11_2018

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
because the banks have heavily financed these operations coast to coast and what do they do with farmers who have paid out millions in quotas. There will be a lot of operations hit hard. Over time it will eventually improve but I don't think any politician on either party is willing to stick their neck out on this one. But then again, we could possibly end up in the state of the US dairy industry with over production etc etc.
JT just couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Now he is in tough, Trump either wants his head, supply management or the auto industry.

Which finger will JT cut off?

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/eco...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1528809403

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom