Farmer talk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went out this afternoon and found a couple fields to spray. Went to the next and it was mud bog 2017
I tried to find a field I could walk in. No dice.
Looking at the current forcast I am hoping to be able to spray by Wednesday back seeding maybe Thursday/Friday ish.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a sprayer doing work today. I was confused though, what is he spraying? I don't think anything is planted, to a dumby like me it looks like he was spraying dirt.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a sprayer doing work today. I was confused though, what is he spraying? I don't think anything is planted, to a dumby like me it looks like he was spraying dirt.

Preseed burn off. Little tiny weeds that grow into big weeds before the seeded crop is established. Basically kill the first flush of weeds. there will be more for the in crop.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got in from seeding HRS wheat. Man it is cold out there. Wind from the NE and feels like snow.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
man I tell ya, fields that were combined last winter are messy with volunteer canola. I'm thinking the threshing wasn't quite as good as we first thought. Regardless I'm happy I don't have to run the combine this spring.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our small farm is seeded and mostly everything coming up good so far. Hope all those guys in the wet areas can get their old crops off and get something seeded this year to deal with all that moisture.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were combining yesterday it went quick till wind died down Eastern and north eastern part of province aren't even in field yet. Scary situation over there

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were combining yesterday it went quick till wind died down Eastern and north eastern part of province aren't even in field yet. Scary situation over there
Good luck to you guys. We are very lucky where we are in southern Alberta.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up into the hills for some canola. Way drier than I thought- slough wise. Some of the good land that's fairly flat is worse for being mush everywhere

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope to wrap up the 2017 plant today. Been an endurance run this spring but nothing like others farther north. Heard a guy on the radio yesterday say they have been stuck 30 times already this spring and usually done by now but only 30-40% done. Gotta feel for those guys..

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of brutal stuck in the mud pictures on Facebook , shouldn't have much left b4 the rains later this week... with any luck

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys any of you have #2 yellow peas for sale? Looking for 500 mt for a off shore client. Will need to get them cleaned. Tks Dennis

Top Bottom