Farmer talk

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Is everyone aware of the federal governments initiative to look into the deferral of grain cheques by Canadian farmers? Its been in all the news sources and the Western Producer in the last week. Thoughts? This is something that is going to impact Canadian farms and tax strategies for us for a long time. The government is now doing consultations on this and has opened an email address for farmers to give their thoughts. You need to respond! The email link closes May 24/17. Once again a government plans stuff that affects farmers at a busy time of the year with seeding and calving going on. Take the time now to make your voice heard. Here are a couple links for you to make yourself heard. I spent an hour today emailing the link, my MP and the federal Ag minister.

Lawrence MacAulay- Federal Agriculture Minister: lawrence.macaulay@parl.gc.ca

Link for farmers to express their view: consultation_tax_2017@canada.ca

Tell everyone you can about this!
Justin is short of funds, time to cash this in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly! He has been very generous to other countries with "our" money. Now he see's his $10 billion dollar deficit got to $30 billion in one year and chooses to fleece hard working Canadians to make up the difference with his carbon tax grab and now this. He and his liberal shysters are absolutely pathetic!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grain bag or bin?

Bin, couldn't get it through the dryer fast enough. It was weird, all a load out get #1 and a week later the part bin would be warm. I never took anything off other then 50000 bus of wht that was dry. Not enough air bins.

I hear bags are frozen solid. I wonder how thats gonna play out.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Exactly! He has been very generous to other countries with "our" money. Now he see's his $10 billion dollar deficit got to $30 billion in one year and chooses to fleece hard working Canadians to make up the difference with his carbon tax grab and now this. He and his liberal shysters are absolutely pathetic!

They are gonna have the next govt in a big hole. My thoughts are these taxes won't be leaving anytime soon.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bin, couldn't get it through the dryer fast enough. It was weird, all a load out get #1 and a week later the part bin would be warm. I never took anything off other then 50000 bus of wht that was dry. Not enough air bins.

I hear bags are frozen solid. I wonder how thats gonna play out.
We had alot of bounce this fall.
Took stuff off dry or dried it and go back a week later and it would have gained 2-3% moisture.

Air on the bins didn't do much for us as the humidity was 100% so we didn't run it

Those bags scare me.
Had guys telling me you could but it in there wet and cause they are airtight it wouldn't spoil. Well the birds and deer had different plans. What a mess.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had alot of bounce this fall.
Took stuff off dry or dried it and go back a week later and it would have gained 2-3% moisture.

Air on the bins didn't do much for us as the humidity was 100% so we didn't run it

Those bags scare me.
Had guys telling me you could but it in there wet and cause they are airtight it wouldn't spoil. Well the birds and deer had different plans. What a mess.

sounds familiar.

Will adjust the system a touch and move on. Sure hope for an uneventful year.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calving is in full swing. AI'd heifers calved first, so it's been going on for a while. 540 on the ground as of yesterday afternoon.

Some pairs are in the Sandhills

Sorting pairs every day. No horses needed.

Son and little grandson.

Life's a lot easier when the weather is nice and barns are empty.

A little blurry, but he's just hangin' out.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a wet spring, heat is on its way. next week the machines will be out of the yard.
Hopefully.
Combines got to get going here first.
No one has combined an acre yet this spring.

Heard reports of combines moving by red deer but I guess they are drier.

Drought this summer?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully.
Combines got to get going here first.
No one has combined an acre yet this spring.

Heard reports of combines moving by red deer but I guess they are drier.

Drought this summer?

Time will tell I guess, I never lose sleep over the weather. It is what it is. I seed when I can and take it off when its ready, work hard and play hard. The rest is out of my control.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plant 17 done last Saturday, very wet compared to most years, durum and lentils poking out and looking good..

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Things are weird this year. water where water shouldn't be and where water should be its not to bad. Some fields quite manageable but I can see a pattern of the tractor whipping its feet quite often going up hills.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Showers the last few days have missed us and extreme winds gone. Time for bic to combine some acres and we'll keep hammering out the acres with the drills. Amazing how the small sloughs have dried up in last couple days, knock on wood

Top Bottom