fargo 5500 mpg

duramaxdan

Reaction score
well so far not real happy with it. did the h&s egr and cooler delete flo pro dpf pipe delete and a h&s mini max still only 8.6 mpg. any one have any info on the smarty jr im told the work great on the fargos

Attachments

• fargo.jpg
    fargo.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 357

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More details would help?????? Like at what speeds, how heavy on the go pedal, towing, gearing, tires?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your h&s is not doing it for ya, a smarty ant gunna make ya feel any better! My 6.7 went from 13-14mpg to 18-20ish with all the deletes and what nots!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well so far not real happy with it. Did the h&s egr and cooler delete flo pro dpf pipe delete and a h&s mini max still only 8.6 mpg. Any one have any info on the smarty jr im told the work great on the fargos

finally a true dodge owner that dosn't bullch!t everyone else with that truck i bet get 20 to 22 miles per gallon i hear it over and over again haha yeah right

nd4spd

Reaction score
finally a true dodge owner that dosn't bullch!t everyone else with that truck i bet get 20 to 22 miles per gallon i hear it over and over again haha yeah right

I get 21 with my deletes and H&S and that isn't going by the overhead monitor.. actual fuel millage calculations running on the highway at about 125km/hr

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i call bull ch!t i had 2 dodges and not even close to that i must of had the wronge dodge cummins :confused:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are talking Canadian mpg for sure. Which is only like 16 mpg actually.

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Your truck is a cab and chassis model, Which I think does have a impact on the tuner. I have been looking into this alot and just ordered H&S with all the deletes coming as well. Maybe try getting alhold of someone familiar with EFI Live tuning. I believe they have recently released software for the 6.7 cummins. They could be the thing needed for cab and chassis model. Gives you real world live time tuning results, Read complete custom tune for your exact truck. This by far the best method of tuning available, Maybe NADP could help.

Oh ya and gotBOOST.... 2500 4x4 at 115km/h according to the dumb overhead, getting 12.5l/100km/h down highway ALL STOCK.
Now in town is way different....its a pig
And coming from someone with a an avatar of a Chevvelle(Very nice by the way) I wouldnt think you would be to concerened about fuel economy.
must be chev guy they ussaully get mad about dodges fuel economy

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The 5500's are on urea injection, right? Whereas the 3500's and 2500's don't require the urea injection............. Big difference in systems, but there is tuning in the works and some has been released already.

vegamark

Reaction score
my 2011 dodge diesel has 12,000 on it is a ho and 4:10 gears , it gets 10-11 mpg , city - hi way , pulling a trailer or empty, it reminds me of a ford 460, gets the same mpg no matter what, i get 450 km per tank going down hill, it can only get better!

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha GRIZ-L-BAR your right i couldn't give a rats ass about fuel mileage i drive a new superduty pulling my race trailer to kelowna with my chevelle inside i get 6.4 miles per gallon on the computer i had a couple dodges with all the delet chit on it and stuff i couldn't get close to the mileage everyone else is getting MAYBE its my driving habits haha and the chevelle well 700 hp its just thirsty :d

Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well with the axle ratios being what they are on this workhorse of a truck 4.44 & 4.88, I assume the MPG would suffer a tad....LOL:rolleyes:

I have many customers driving these as work trucks and a few complain about the MPG but NEVER complain about the power.....lmao:beer:

In a few years a 4500 may very well be my camping/quadding unit of choice:d

I know EFI live finally made programming available for the 5.9L but was unaware they had anything for the 6.7L??

Little

Reaction score
Well cyle and booster I will bet you 10-$100 bills that either of our 3500 will get 21 mpig on a trip from Moose Jaw to Calgary and back. 115-120 kph cruise on. Put your $ where your mouth is. I sure will. You can pick the truck. Red one has 96k on it and the grey has 161k. Both set up the same, deletes and 4" exhaust, h+s mini. 295-70 17 tires. no lifts. Just returned from AZ with the grey truck, av. 20 US, including some 9000 ft hills west of Denver, on the scenic route. Last fall I took the grandson to Kootney Ice camp, used 3/4 tank each way.Not many v8 diesels in hiway trucks for a reason.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well cyle and booster I will bet you 10-$100 bills that either of our 3500 will get 21 mpig on a trip from Moose Jaw to Calgary and back. 115-120 kph cruise on. Put your $ where your mouth is. I sure will. You can pick the truck. Red one has 96k on it and the grey has 161k. Both set up the same, deletes and 4" exhaust, h+s mini. 295-70 17 tires. no lifts. Just returned from AZ with the grey truck, av. 20 US, including some 9000 ft hills west of Denver, on the scenic route. Last fall I took the grandson to Kootney Ice camp, used 3/4 tank each way.Not many v8 diesels in hiway trucks :cool::cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom