Draconian Diesel down load

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got my MiniMax installed. EGR cooler delete, H&S intake and boost tube, 5"flopro with muffler installed. It all worked great H&S tune runs great. I decided to try the custom tune from Draconian, it's like a whole new truck again.
I bought the
Milage
Heavy tow
Street
Street performance / lope tune
Tranny tune
Big tire mod tune
I haven't tried the heavy tow yet but all the other settings work great, truck shifts when it's supposed to now very happy. Well worth the money , the lope is a waste but funny as he!! IMO

Truck
2012 Dodge 3500 MC 6.7 3" lift "in need of control arms to fit my 35's" I found out!! Lol

Last edited:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree...Draconian makes a hell of a tune for the H&S MCC unlock!! I had Dave build me a Tune (a few months back) when I put the 66mm VGT turbo in mine, and it is now a completely different truck. The heavy tow works GREAT...for those heavier loads!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I truly was surprised it would be that much better than the H&S tune.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got my MiniMax installed. EGR cooler delete, H&S intake and boost tube, 5"flopro with muffler installed. It all worked great H&S tune runs great. I decided to try the custom tune from Draconian, it's like a whole new truck again.
I bought the
Milage
Heavy tow
Street
Street performance / lope tune
Tranny tune
Big tire mod tune
I haven't tried the heavy tow yet but all the other settings work great, truck shifts when it's supposed to now very happy. Well worth the money , the lope is a waste but funny as he!! IMO

Truck
2012 Dodge 3500 MC 6.7 3" lift "in need of control arms to fit my 35's" I found out!! Lol

how much clearance do you need?. would a offset rim work?.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree...Draconian makes a hell of a tune for the H&S MCC unlock!! I had Dave build me a Tune (a few months back) when I put the 66mm VGT turbo in mine, and it is now a completely different truck. The heavy tow works GREAT...for those heavier loads!!

What aftermarket turbo did you get?

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did ya do injectors too? Are ya happy with it? Guys keep going off about gen 2 swap is the best but I don't want to lose the EB.

No...didn't do injectors, but it is supposed to be an unreal combo with a bigger set of nozzles:D I contemplated the 2nd gen swap too, but same here...no exhaust brake = no bueno

So far, I'm very happy with the turbo. I replaced it out of necessity...I seized up the stock VGT in San Felipe on a Baja trip...It was a long tow strap ride to the US border...I DON'T recommend Tijuana on a tow strap :)

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How or what caused it to seize ? I found some glycol in my boost tube swap the other day.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but when you do some research...it is a fairly common problem. I haven't pulled my old turbo apart yet, but it sounds like there's a gear mechanism (not the actuator, but internal of the turbo) that opens and closes the variable veins and that is what is piling up. This is just what I've read.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine had lots of oily crap in it I assume is from the egr carry over

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much clearance do you need?. would a offset rim work?.

Sorry I totally missed your post. I'm running factory arms, with 5" BS 18" fuels. I need some .5 longer arms I think.. Maybe a little trimming of the fender lip by the mud flap. These 2012's are tighter wheel well than my 08! God I could almost crawl on top of the tire on my 08. I had planned on buying some Thuren alien arms but with trip to Hawaii , new fifth wheel, new fridge stove, for house, lowered truck from 6" to 3" , mini max, deletes and 5" pipe.... I'm fricken broke!

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry I totally missed your post. I'm running factory arms, with 5" BS 18" fuels. I need some .5 longer arms I think.. Maybe a little trimming of the fender lip by the mud flap. These 2012's are tighter wheel well than my 08! God I could almost crawl on top of the tire on my 08. I had planned on buying some Thuren alien arms but with trip to Hawaii , new fifth wheel, new fridge stove, for house, lowered truck from 6" to 3" , mini max, deletes and 5" pipe.... I'm fricken broke!

Yep...5.75" BS with a 9" wide wheel (combined with a 35x12.5 tire) seems to be the limit without control arms on the 4th gens. One thing that you can try for the time being is loosening off your cab bolts and sliding the body back on the frame (ratchet strap on either side body to the frame) I managed to get 3/8" extra clearance on mine by doing this...I also used to have quite a big gap between the cab and box...and now it's normal.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep...5.75" BS with a 9" wide wheel (combined with a 35x12.5 tire) seems to be the limit without control arms on the 4th gens. One thing that you can try for the time being is loosening off your cab bolts and sliding the body back on the frame (ratchet strap on either side body to the frame) I managed to get 3/8" extra clearance on mine by doing this...I also used to have quite a big gap between the cab and box...and now it's normal.

Thx for the tip
I thought I had read that before somewhere. I'm just running my winters for now. I figured I must be tweaked abit as it only hits drivers side. Gunna get some arms in next couple weeks. I leave for Jackson Mississippi in a week then gone to kelowna so I don't have time to put them on anyway.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx for the tip
I thought I had read that before somewhere. I'm just running my winters for now. I figured I must be tweaked abit as it only hits drivers side. Gunna get some arms in next couple weeks. I leave for Jackson Mississippi in a week then gone to kelowna so I don't have time to put them on anyway.

A little more rub on the drivers side is normal, as you can't adjust the track bar long enough (without creating other issues) to center the axle - so the axle is alway over a tad bit farther on the drivers side, which in turn makes it rub more on that side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom