Fallen Angel

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are doing awesome work with setting everything up and directions/hotels. totally amazing. I never knew Albert but i can easily tell that he was a fantastic guy who was well loved by all who met him. my prayers go out to all the family and frinds at the event for safe travel and great memories. I only wish that I may be as well remembered when I go by my friends and family as Albert has. Good work guys. heres one for ya all .........but ya gotta share:beer:

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a few of us that are sledding to Albert's Celebration.
You're welcomed to join in with us.
Here's our ride-plan:
Leaving this Saturday noon from the St. Paul Staging Area, (& Power Merchants), we will run the IHTrail to Smoky Lake, expecting to arrive there before 2:00pm.
Fuel stop at the Hiway Gas Stations, and ready for leaving Smoky Lake by 2:30pm
Run the IHTrail to Waskateanu, and then turn South 2.5 miles to the N.Sask River.
(Anyone wishing to tag up with us at Ashmont, Vilna, Smoky Lake, etc. is welcomed to do so.)
Run the River to Vinca Bridge, and continue towards Ft. Sask a few miles, where we'll jump up onto solid ground again near the South end of the Bruderheim Sand-Hills.
South about 4 miles to the Tempo gas station, and continue from there S-Westward to Partridge Hill Hall.
We expect to arrive at the Hall by 4:30pm'ish, and partake in Albert's Life Celebration which is hosted by the Snow Angels.
A couple of hours of some food and activities, centred on Albert's life, trail-building, riding adventures, and other invovlements, and we're homeward bound again by 7pm.

ETA for return to St. Paul by sled is between 11:00pm to midnite.
The other option is to organize being trailered back home.

Approx. Distances:
St. Paul to Waskatenau 130kms
Waskatenau to Partridge Hall 65kms
Total 200kms

Normal Travel Speed: 80kph
Avg. with stops: 50kph ETE = 4 hours

Note1: Waskatenau to Partridge Hall is not on formalized trail and approx 45kms is on the N.Sask. River.
Conditions thru there were checked today and look quite decent, and the cool weather is forecast to hold til past the weekend,
but as with any off-trail ride, there are risks and possiblities that the organizer cannot be held responsible for.

Ride at your own Risk. & always Ride Safe.

Note2: It's best that riders plan to bring a buddy:
In the event of a mechanical or other failure, the group will be limited on how long that it can be delayed, so other arrangements might need to made for return home
We will do our best to help out.

Note3: It is deserving that such a fine and dedicated gentleman as Albert might be honored by a ride that we will all remember as one of the longest April rides on one of longest winters in memory.
April 4, 2009

Please call me by Friday with your thoughts on joining us.
Jerry

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wish that I could make it. Full plaate her at home. Pass on a good word to the family and friend from Pipes

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well Albert, yesterday your family rented a hall and invited all your family & friends to join them for coffee, a bite to eat maybe a Scotch...It was a celebration of of your life Albert and I got to tell you, you touched a lot of people in your short time here.

There were hundreds and hundreds of people who came to share stories and laugh, yes Albert we laughed at all the crazy things you did with the people you knew. Check out the photo of all those people sitting in the hall talking about you. It was very cool Albert.

Scotch and Cigars, most stories had that a common theme, ok, there was Family and Grandchildren, Sledding, the Groomer, Pets, Buddies and the list goes on but somehow the Cigar seemed to be part of every story. Many of us spent our time outside smok'n Stogies, you would have really enjoyed that wouldn't you.

Another great part of the day was when a group of riders turned up on sleds from as far away as Cold Lake and St. Paul. They wanted to do something special and they did. What a tribute that was.

Later in the evening we got as many of the Ft Sask. Snow Angels and Snow Devils together to take a photo. We had all ages wanting to be in the photo.

It was a great day Albert, but we missed you, really really missed you.

Attachments

• DSCF0002_111.jpg
    DSCF0002_111.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF0059_111.jpg
    DSCF0059_111.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1459.jpg
    IMG_1459.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1422.jpg
    IMG_1422.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

Big Grump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a great party for a celebration of a great man.

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Summitric, Big Grump and myself missed that picture, was that taken while we were driving the groups of sledders back to the iron horse trail in wasketneu?

Otherwise it was a great party, tons of people, tons of good eats and drinks. Thanks Albert.

Attachments

• IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1484.jpg
    IMG_1484.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I was very honored to be asked to be a part of the celebration of a Great mans life. Seeing the number of people that came through throughout the evening, and the number of stories I overheard or were told. It proves to me even more what a wonderful guy Albert really was.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in doing the video by getting me pictures, and thanks to everyone who helped in the setup & tear down of the screen and audio gear. Ron, Ric, Wendy, Glen, Curtis, Brad, Pat (for running to Ft Sask and getting me a 6' cable that I forgot), Kelly, and anyone else I forgot. The help was much appreciated. To Carly B, sorry I couldn't make your video work on Cue, but we got it for ya.

Thanks everyone for the great night. Albert, you're still the man!

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Being a bit distanced from the Snow Angels by earthly miles only, we (the Tribute to Albert Riders) could not help but affirm the warmth and comraderie that Albert nurtured and has so sadly left behind. Thank you for your warm reception, a cool beer, some great food, and helping us to to better understand who Albert really was. So much more than the great gentleman that we new him to be.
May the sun glisten on the wintery meadows and hills where Albert rode, as we enjoyed it enroute to Partridge Hill, April 5, 2009.

tetejaune

Reaction score
Website
www.tetejaunelodge.com
Condolences from the heart and from all of our sno guests
Our Love to your and your family - if there is anything we candoooo to help...we are only a call away - Ailie & Wade & Colin & Carey & Bergy & Andrew & Andy & Bernie & all the rest of us.....
Our Love & Condolances to you and your family
Tete Juane Lodge owners,staff and guests
From our heart, with our love to your family
tjl and all the rest of us

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avalanches have claimed many this year, and the losses are always deeply felt by many. My condolences to his family and friends. :(. May his spirit live on:cool:

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:( Cuts a big hole in my heart that we were not able to go and pay tribute to a friend. The pics, say it pretty plainly though. We were obviously not the only ones touched by this guy. Every sled show....Albert smiling man!....Any time you met up on the trail...Albert smilin man!.... I wish sledding loved Albert as much as he loved her, but, not so. Albert had all of his sleds, and his truck and deck ripped off in Golden, when we were there for avy training, and I thought that after dealing with the insurance ripoffs, that he was going to say F*&^ it., But no....Albert loaned out a sled to a friends kid, and, the kid hit a bridge piling, and killed himself, after which I heard the familt wanted to sue Albert, Skidoo, God, the County, the bridge builder, and I was sure that Albert was going to pack it in...but no. Finally, an avy, and the bitch got him.... Sure is gonna be tough, every time we see his smiling picture. To Sherry, Terry and Kim, who are going to have to endure the first spring clean-up without Albert, and the first Easter, without Albert...and the first, a lot of things....hopefully time will soften the loss.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
thats an awsome touch!!

i put the albert sticker you gave me on one of my helmets and on my door right below one of my S&M stickers

Last edited:
Top Bottom