Facebook Dad Schools his Teenage Daughter.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw that early today. He is fricken awesome. Wish more parents were like him. And that ch!t started 10 years ago.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he has a page on facebook, poor guy has had his life and that of his family's turned upside down since it went viral. he won't do any tv or radio after one news station chopped up that video to make him look like some kind of hitler dad. he takes all questions via email and answers them publicly on his page so his words can't be mixed up or edited to preference. I say good on him....here is his page, a pretty good read. the guy seems pretty intelligent and his words well written. Parents and Kids...... | Facebook

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wont paint all kid's today with the same brush,but it sure seems like being asked to do anything
seems to be a big deal with alot of today's kid's.The last time I was asked to help the X get fire
wood for the winter,she was 2 hours late beacuse her 13 year old wanted his Ipod updated before
he got home from school,So the X did it to please his lazy ass before she met me to go get wood
for her. LOL I was about as impressed as that guy.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know your a hillbilly when.............

Great lesson. But to think 99% of kids haven't had something as bad or worse is foolish.....That isn't THAT bad. And she was spoiled as hell, especially for 15......

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
showed my boy this video........he asked me why I was laughing........he said it is not funny!!!!!.......I said it will be next time you dont want to do something when your told! I think he is sleeping with all his electronics under his pillow, also thinking a lot now!.......lol

I'm glad my boy doesnt think it is funny! all in all he is a good boy.....I guess for the dead beat kids...you can only blame the no good parents......

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he is way to understanding, whatever happened to the days of cutting your own switch?

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kids have it a lot easier now a days!A guy starts to sound like his parents when you explain what chores you had to do when you were younger!You know the whole I had to walk to school when I was your age routine!I'm 41 and had older parents,dad died in 93 at age 65 and mom is 80.But my kids can't wrap their head around how I had to get on the bus at 7:20 in the morning and off at 5 then do farm chores till 6:30,shower,have supper,homework then maybe some farm vision tv(3 channels) but since nothing was usually on it was sledding or triking till 9:30 or so!And if I wanted something you worked your azz off for it,usually involved shovelling more grain or sh.. than usual,fixing more corrals,getting more wood or working for the neighbor for a whopping $5 an hour!But I can be as guilty as the next parent by giving the kids whatever they want(sleds,quads,phones,spending money,on and on)but I still try to keep them grounded a bit by taking it away when they get a little cocky but usually give in a little sooner than the original threat!!Actually it kinda sucks being a parent!!LOL!!But wouldn't change it for the world!!

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More parents should do the same and take a stand... kids are only what you put into them meaning they need us to put our foot down. It's super sad that this generation is all about i want, I need just because. The disrespect I see in my job from young girls to there patents and teachers is heartbreaking to say the least. So good for him I would do the same thing!

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and to boot she is probably a obese and lazy good for you pops.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only problem with this ihave is him shooting a $800 computer rather than donating it to Salvation army or something like that

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something about this Dad rubs me the wrong way. I believe in discipline and putting out foot down to our kids, but I just don't agree with his method of going about it and I can't quite put my finger on it.

The word "discipline" comes from the Latin word "to teach" and I cant help but wonder what he taught his daughter with his stunt. He certainly taught her he is a hard ass, but if anything he has proven himself totally disconnected from her. In her teenage eyes, she already feels like an alien in an adult world and if he was her anchor, he isn't any more. I don't think she would respect him more, or suddenly have a lightbulb moment and realize how wrong her behaviour was.

I agree: she is selfish and lazy and needs to be taught a lesson, but I can not help but think that there had to be a better way than ranting while smoking and brandishing a handgun... It seems to me that some of his fundamental parenting foundations have cracks in them if he has gotten to this point... Perhaps if he had spent more time laying the groundwork for respect and diligence, she wouldn't be such a little biotch???

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kids have it a lot easier now a days!A guy starts to sound like his parents when you explain what chores you had to do when you were younger!You know the whole I had to walk to school when I was your age routine!I'm 41 and had older parents,dad died in 93 at age 65 and mom is 80.But my kids can't wrap their head around how I had to get on the bus at 7:20 in the morning and off at 5 then do farm chores till 6:30,shower,have supper,homework then maybe some farm vision tv(3 channels) but since nothing was usually on it was sledding or triking till 9:30 or so!And if I wanted something you worked your azz off for it,usually involved shovelling more grain or sh.. than usual,fixing more corrals,getting more wood or working for the neighbor for a whopping $5 an hour!But I can be as guilty as the next parent by giving the kids whatever they want(sleds,quads,phones,spending money,on and on)but I still try to keep them grounded a bit by taking it away when they get a little cocky but usually give in a little sooner than the original threat!!Actually it kinda sucks being a parent!!LOL!!But wouldn't change it for the world!!

Saying kids these days got it easier is a generalization, not the normal. There just needs to be a happy medium between giving them what they need and making them work for it. But 20 minutes of chores a day is not having it rough by a longshot......

Top Bottom