extreme high idle 3600 losing coolant

skyler1101

Reaction score
hey guys i think i purchased a lemon....2012 pro 163 track 600 original miles picked up the sled got it home let it run a bit and its idling at 3600 and losing coolant bad smokes quite a bit when watching in the coolant jug its constantly sloshing horrible almost like a pickup when they have a blown headgasket ......anyone have any ideas whats going on?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys i think i purchased a lemon....2012 pro 163 track 600 original miles picked up the sled got it home let it run a bit and its idling at 3600 and losing coolant bad smokes quite a bit when watching in the coolant jug its constantly sloshing horrible almost like a pickup when they have a blown headgasket ......anyone have any ideas whats going on?

Yeah sounds like a blown head gasket. I Had a sled do this before, it had a big score at the top of the cylinder

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you noticing a coolant leak anywhere, or does it seems like it is just being burned/evaporated? Could be a blown head gasket. Also, take a look at the back of your engine, at the oil lines. Does it look like there is coolant in them, or does the oil look milky? You could possibly have a blown seal in the water pump where coolant could get into the oil system.

garlic bear

Reaction score
sounds like a head gasket bet the guy had an aftermarket head and changed it out to sell it an didnt get the gasket right

nwoprormk

Reaction score
The bubbling in the jug is normal.....I had the same concern....but the disappearing coolant and smoke say its a HG. U could have bottom end issues down the road...even after the HG is fixed.Antifreeze will cause bearing issues.Id have the rotating assembly checked. Just my $.02...but ive been accused of having OCD when it comes to my toys

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The guy obviously had a different head on there and put the stocker back on there to sell it. Problem is he used the same "O" rings. They cost about 20 bucks and should be changed whenever you unbolt the head, for peace of mind. The other seals usually can be re-used. You could try checking the torque on the head bolts, but I would take the head off and examine the cyls now. About an hours worth of work.

Top Bottom